Supply Chain Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONWe are currently assisting our client, a global manufacturing company, with the search for a Supply Chain Manager. Reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for the production scheduling, purchasing, materials forecasting, logistics & warehousing.
* Assume primary role in developing departmental systems, procedures and policies involving supply chain strategies for the plant
* Participate in annual budget forecasts, report costs for material and labor within Supply Chain Group to Plant Manager as necessary
* Take necessary actions to eliminate delays so as to ensure adherence to production and shipping schedules
* Work with Corporate Purchasing as a resource for supplier information and meet locally with supplier representatives
* Evaluate and report significant inventory variance, identify root cause and corrective action for inventory discrepancies
* Create work flow changes as necessary on an on-going basis for prevention plan for timing issues
* Coordinate physical inventories and entry of same in accordance with established processes
* Develop supplier relationships to ensure a continuing source vendor
* Monitor reports and communicate with staff to ensure sufficient materials are available to production
* Ensure inbound raw materials and outbound shipping schedules are maintained
Ideal Candidate Profile:
* Bachelor's degree
* 5+ years management experience materials, supply chain, logistics and warehousing
* Proven results with lean and continuous improvement in manufacturing
* Proficient with MRP/ERP systems (SAP a plus)
* Experience running S&OP
* APICS certification preferred