Supply Chain Mgmt Coordinator 9/2/2016
MRC Global Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
SUPPLY CHAIN MGMT COORDINATOR
About the Organization
MRC Global is the largest global distributor, based on sales, of pipe, valves, and fittings (PVF) and related products and services to the energy industry and supplies these products and services across each of the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors.
Responsible for the execution of critical sourcing strategies through development of key partnerships to drive value and significantly impact bottom-line profitability while aligning regional supply chain process with global supply chain strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
* Individual must be able to perform the essential duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Provide specialized supply chain/product support to regional/business development sales efforts, offering information and SCM solutions throughout the quotation/sales process in order to maximize revenue and gross margin opportunities;
* Work to create product awareness within the regions;
* Provide technical assistance and support regarding technical specifications of products;
* Provide product prices, delivery specifications and payment terms and by offering substitute products where appropriate;
* Capture, assemble and assess market intelligence, turning into actions that afford MRC global greater opportunities to secure business.
* Partner with sales teams to understand customers business and determine customers requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions and make value-added recommendations;
* Establish and maintain understanding of vendors and resources, acting as sourcing specialist for preferred vendors; communicate sourcing strategy to regional and business development sales teams.
* Maintain various records and files including quotation files, stock transactions, customer AML lists, and product catalogs;
* Maintain knowledge of current product inventory;
* Maintain quality standards;
* Handle confidential information relating to product and resale costs and expense items;
* Evaluate technical and commercial sections of project bid packages;
* Establish internal customer relationships and provide technical information.
* Participate in meetings, and training opportunities to enhance and maintain understanding of operations process and identify areas to offer SCM resources/support;
* Take reasonable care for the safety and health of yourself and others; report workplace hazards, injuries, or illness immediately.
* Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Ability Requirements
* Any combination of requirements, which provide knowledge and abilities necessary to perform essential duties and responsibilities, will be considered.
* High School Diploma, GED (General Education Degree) and additional post-secondary training or education;
* Any combination of four or more years in customer service, inside sales and/or warehouse services in a position with increasing responsibility, to include demonstrated leadership/supervisory experience;
* Ability to identify, comprehend and apply common engineering standards & practices (MS SSP, API, ANSI, ASME, etc.);
* Strong reasoning and analytical skills;
* Strong PC skills with extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access, and familiarity with Word, PowerPoint and Outlook;
* Demonstrated ability to communicate and promote ideas and transfer detailed knowledge to others;
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations;
* Ability to work scheduled and unscheduled overtime;
* Ability to travel occasionally with overnight stays.
* Must have the ability to provide documentation verifying legal work status;
* Ability to read and speak the English language proficiently in order to communicate with others; to understand and interpret safety instructions; and to respond to inquiries;
* Ability to understand and comply with MRC Global guidelines & expectations, to include Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest guidelines;
* Ability to understand and comply with MRC Global Trade Compliance Polices.
For position-specific details regarding the physical and mental demands and working conditions, contact Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform essential functions.
Supply Chain & Logistics
835 Hillcrest Drive
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.