Supply Chain Operations Specialist (Bilingual) - Temporary ONLY
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY HITACHI HIGH TECHNOLOGIES AMERICA, INC.
POSITION TITLE: Supply Chain Operations Specialist (Bilingual)
DEPARTMENT NAME: Supply Chain
REPORTING TO TITLE: Senior Manager, Supply Chain Operations
This is a long term temporary position.
This positions main role is to help process, analyze, communicate, and adjust for supply chain bottlenecks and deviations, to support and enhance Hitachi High Technologies Americas on-time delivery, vendor forecasting, and optimize inventory. This position provides key technical leadership and development of the strategic and operational planning tools to support the purchasing and sales forecast and the supply chain network optimization within the agreed timescales and budgetary constraints. This position will use SAP, Excel, and other specific software tools to analyze material flows from the raw material planning to the end-customer sale. This position will require fluent English and Japanese language skill, both in speaking and writing.
* Interface with customers, engineers, suppliers as well as Hitachi HQ and Factory resources in Japan to perform and maintain good supply chain that supports customer requirements and HTA budgetary goals
* Work with other supply chain team members to create mathematical models, analyze implement the models into the forecasting and inventory operational planning process
* Generate what-if scenarios across the supply chain and communicate those results as required.
* Active MRP participant
* Develop database maintenance system that contributes to better forecasting and inventory management system
* Support developing a strategic forecasting system to plan beyond the current end customer
* Assist with monthly processing of the Forecast field data collection, site by site analysis, validation and analysis of sales and purchasing forecasts
* Work under the guidance of the other analytical team members to analyze historical patterns to create mathematical models and implement the models into the forecasting and inventory operational planning process
* Prepare general inventory and forecasting reports
* Tracking and maintaining On Time Delivery (OTD) information as related to customers
* Be responsible for external interaction with field engineering staff and planners at customer sites
* Take roles in various operational projects that require technical or marketing research
* Communicate with Local Technical Support or Japanese Factory Resources to gain critical information needed
* Handle all duties with discretion while maintaining confidentiality
* Work on special, short- or long-term projects as requested
* Be able to support other international time zones by working potentially non-core hours as needed
* Be able to support smooth Japanese/English translation in both speaking and writing
* Create and maintain procedures for the Supply Chain operations group
* Translation of documents and support of dual language meetings (Japanese/English)
* Candidates should have a four-year degree
* Master degree preferred
* APICS Certification or ISM certification a plus
* Should have at least 2 to 3 years business operations or supply chain work experience
* Understanding of semiconductor production and material distribution processes
* Decision Making/ Complex Problem Solving- proactively gathers the right data from appropriate sources, conducts root cause analysis, refers to long term plans and goals, acts decisively, promptly and confidently, complex analysis, able to operate with limited guidance from management
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Must speak, read and write English and Japanese
* Possess a strong logical aptitude
* Should possess strong computer skills particularly with Microsoft Office products
* SAP knowledge and skills
* Good level of knowledge in forecasting logic, using industry standard tools
* Should possess strong communication skills (oral and written)
* Negotiation and influencing skills, able to listen to and persuade others based on sound logic
* Ability to travel independently, both domestic and overseas as needed
* Possesses intellectual curiosity, brings insight into the team/ business, especially in a multicultural and multi-location environment
* Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
* Must be results-oriented
* Be able to solve and follow up issues independently on a timely basis
* Be able to work with minimum supervision
* Ability to lift up to 15 lb. with or without accommodations
* Ability to communicate and receive communication via telephone, fax, and computer e-mail with or without accommodations
* To communicate verbally or in writing with or without accommodations
* To move from place to place with or without accommodations
* To utilize equipment i.e. phone, computer, fax machine, copier with or without accommodations.
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally
The above job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees with this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.