Supply Chain Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe role will design, model and present supply chain solutions that drive value to NFI and their customers. This individual develops recommendations based on analyses in order to promote proactive decision making by NFI senior management and client management. This position reports to the Director, Supply Chain Engineering.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Responsible to validate, clean, and manipulate data.
* Will develop models for supply chain design including, but not limited to network design, activity based optimization, distribution and inventory strategy, and cost modeling.
* Consult and educate customers in Supply Chain Science.
* Document the modeling approach as designed.
* Quantify cost trends for pricing models used to create solutions for clients.
* Assist in knowledge transfer to customers and NFI.
* Present internal and external solutions to NFI operations and customer leadership.
* Assist in the design and development of business tools.
* Work closely with Engineering and Pricing to determine the best opportunities to serve our customers.
* Degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Economics, Supply Chain, Information Systems, or other quantitative field of study
* Comfortable presenting in front of internal and external leadership
* Well organized with high attention to detail and accuracy
* Strong Technical Background - demonstrated ability to learn technical skills quickly
* Previous Internship/Research/Project in Supply Chain or Quantitative field
Preferred Soft Skills (At least 1 of the following):
* Knowledge in planning, transportation, inventory management, strategic sourcing, and S&OP
* 0-3 years of experience in supply chain planning and supply chain design
* Significant coursework in supply chain
* Previous experience presenting in front of clients or management
Preferred Tech Skills (At least 1 of the following):
* Understanding of optimization and/or simulation algorithms
* Database skills, especially through SQL or Access
* Previous experience with: CPLEX, XPRESS, Solver, Optimization Toolbox, Scipy, or similar is a major plus
* Basic knowledge in: VBA, Python, R, Matlab, Java, C++, or C# is a major plus
* Experience with Supply Chain Guru or other supply chain modeling software
* Knowledge in forecasting/predictive analytics techniques