Supply Chain Specialist III - Biologics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Gilead Sciences, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONSPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team that is changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions, where every individual matters, and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
The candidate fulfilling this position will be responsible for detailed scheduling of Maintenance, Production and non-routine work occurring at the Oceanside Biologics site.
The incumbent will:
* Compile information from tools ranging from manual spreadsheets to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems in order to deliver an accurate integrated schedule of activities occurring on production, maintenance and development assets
* Participate and/or lead scheduling forums as required, perform and support activities as listed in essential duties and job function requirements
* Monitor and analyze data when scheduled activities are missed for root cause determination
* Ideal candidate has ERP systems experience, proficient in Microsoft applications including advanced Excel, Access, Project, Vision, etc
* Has a maintenance, manufacturing or engineering background with understanding of P&IDs, utility systems and dependencies, manufacturing equipment and processes
* Possesses strong intercommunication and customer service skills
* APICS certifications, working knowledge of MAXIMO system, Oracle EBS and project team participation and/or leadership are a plus.
This position will perform Maintenance, Production and non-routine detailed scheduling functions
Maintain accurate schedules within defined time fence horizons
Perform planning activities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
* Works on non-routine to routine problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors.
* With guidance may exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
* Ensures record-tracking of pertinent data is being completed through computerized systems, and provides recommendations and guidance to less experienced colleagues.
* May provide training to more junior Supply Chain personnel.
* Analyzes non-routine information or data to support Supply Chain activities. e.g. inventory levels, prices and tracking of shipments, inventory positioning, material deliveries, planned master production schedule and sales forecasts.
* Makes recommendations affecting longer-term inventory levels, sources, handling etc.
* Participates in the planning and controls of materials and finished goods to meet sales and distribution demand. Compiles and analyzes statistical data to assist with decision-making.
* Initiates or receives requests for routine changes affecting inventory levels, e.g. shipments, purchases, movement of stock. Performs necessary transactions and records in system to reflect changes.
* Prepares standard documents, such as work orders, purchase orders, material transfer requests, or shipping documentation.
* May be responsible for establishing timing (production schedules, sequence, lead time, etc.) of specific projects or activities to meet broader timeframes established by senior management.
* Tracks progress with department supervisors, readjusts schedules and communicates changes according to production progress, change orders, manpower requirements, product availability or other conditions impacting timelines.
* May coordinate with other department representatives to identify future business needs.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
2+ years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA; or
1+ year of relevant experience and a MS.
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, view the EEO is the Law poster at :