Supply Clerk - St Louis, MO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
St. Louis, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 90245
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor LOCATION: Abbott EMS - St. Louis, MO
SHIFT TIME: Day shift FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SUMMARY: The Vehicle Service Technician (Supply Clerk) is responsible for ensuring that all ambulances are response ready for the field crews coming in for their shift assignment, with the goal of reducing down time and increasing the quality and delivery of our services to the crews and our patients. The delivered product is a clean vehicle inside and outside with well stocked shelves and functioning equipment. It is important that the product produced is maintained to the highest standard.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Vehicle inventory check/control of supplies and equipment.
* Clean ambulances inside and outside.
* Restock ambulance supplies daily.
* Ensure deep cycling of monitor batteries as required.
* Mechanical check vehicles, fluid, window washer fluid.
* Ensure the workspace is clean and organized.
* Document condition of ambulance turned in and schedule ambulance preparedness for shift personnel.
* Update crew in service information on computer for equipment tracking.
* Must be professional and appropriately dressed at all times.
* Respond to daily phone inquiries from crews to help facilitate coordination between departments.
* Report any issues or concerns to the Lead VST.
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Perform other duties as required.
* High school diploma or GED.
* Possess and maintain an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record.
* Possess a valid MO chauffeur's license or state equivalent.
* Basic Knowledge of Micro Soft Office.
* Ability to work under time constraints.
* Knowledge of service area.
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Occasionally: Lifting 70 lbs., kneeling, stooping, bending, leaning, flexibility, multiple physical activities performed at the same time (carrying multiple equipment while pushing on gurney, driving ambulance.
Frequently: Reading, visual inspection.
Constantly: Hearing/listening, clear speech, pushing, pulling, and reaching.
* Excellent full-time benefit package including medical, dental, life, vision, disability
* 401(k) plan with company match
* Bi-weekly accrual of Paid Time Off (PTO) hours - three weeks of PTO within your first year
* Tuition assistance
* Ability to transfer to other AMR locations nationwide
Abbott EMS is an EEO/AA Employer
Closing date: September 7, 2016
About Abbott EMS:
After 45 years of continuous growth, Abbott EMS, a division of American Medical Response (AMR), has become the largest EMS provider in the Midwest with locations in St. Louis, Belleville Illinois, and Franklin County Illinois. We are the leading resource for emergency and non-emergency ground ambulance transportation, serving dozens of communities as well as the area's premier sports teams and large entertainment venues. The commitments we make to our coworkers are backed by our willingness to devote time, energy and financial resources toward education, innovative technology, safety and compliance.
AMR is the leading private medical transportation services company in the nation. With operations in more than 2,100 communities in 40 states our employees serve nearly four million people a year. Visit www.amr.net for more information.
https://evhc.wistia.com/medias/iiakt2dkvh Click to watch a short video on AMR
The Company offers reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the Human Resources department at the local office for which you are applying.