This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONFood. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Annie's, Lara Bar, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, and then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Located in Berkeley, CA, Annie's Inc. (wholly owned subsidiary of General Mills) is a rapidly growing natural and organic food company with a widely recognized brand, offering consumers great-tasting products in large packaged food categories. We sell premium products made from high-quality ingredients at affordable prices. Our products appeal to health-conscious consumers who seek to avoid artificial flavors, synthetic colors and preservatives that are used in many conventional packaged foods. Our loyal and growing consumer following has enabled us to migrate from our natural and organic roots to a brand sold across the mainstream grocery, mass merchandiser and natural retailer channels. Today, we offer over 145 products and are present in over 35,000 retail locations in the United States and Canada.
We are mission-driven and committed to operating in a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner, with an open and honest corporate culture. Our company mission is to cultivate a healthier, happier world by spreading goodness through nourishing foods, honest words and conduct that is considerate and forever kind to the planet. We are focused on building a successful and growing business in pursuit of our mission. We strive to be a responsible company that evaluates our success not only through financial measures, but also through our social and environmental impacts.
The Supply Planner must execute production plan including driving excellent customer service levels while minimalizing inventory levels. This position's focus will be to meet delivery schedules, adjust and respond accurately and timely to constant changes, as well as assist all co-packers with short and long range planning.
The individual must understand all of the inter-working processes of the company's diverse supply chain including multiple co-packers with varying product lines and capabilities, products and inventories.
* Execute Production Plan, adjust and evaluate progress and resolve conflicts with respect to material and line availability/capacity with co-packers. Communicate purchase and work orders accurately and timely so that co-packers and suppliers can effectively react and deliver product.
* Generates a 78 week Finished Goods plan to Co-Manufacturers on a weekly basis that achieves service, inventory and cost objectives.
* Provide suppliers with long range forecasts to support capacity planning and strategic initiatives
* Managing Advanced Planning System (APS) parameters to meet desired inventory/service goals
* Identify and Communicate potential short falls and issues. Review, identify and resolve shortages with the appropriate co-packer.
* Responsible for the management of inventory levels, schedules and availability of materials to meet production schedules.
* Routinely interact with IT on MRP system and process improvements.
* Responsible for finished goods production reporting from multiple manufacturing locations.
* Other Duties and Special projects as assigned
* Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain or related field
* A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in production planning or purchasing utilizing a MRP or Advance Planning systems
* Must possess solid analytical skills production planning, and prioritization of workload to meet changing requirements.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations under stress.
* Strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests and obtain cooperation.
* Solid multi-tasking and organizational skills. Ability to manage several co-packers at the same time.
* Excellent Excel and general computer skills required
* Must be results-oriented and efficient at dealing with multiple priorities in a high pace work environment.
* APICS Certification a plus.