This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
This position is responsible for planning the raw material and production activity required to drive goods to meet customer demands while supporting the site inventory plan and goals. The position requires good organization skills, discipline to adhere to procedures, ability to influence productivity in others, and results driven.
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
* Action oriented Business Acumen
* Drive for results Integrity & Trust
* Ethics & Values Customer focus
* Intellectual Horsepower Peer Relationships
* Organizational Agility Problem Solving
REQUIRED JOB SKILLS
* Use of ERP systems and advanced Excel skills
* Supply Chain concept knowledge
* Basic knowledge of production processes in a manufacturing environment
MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE:
* Service responsiveness, quality and customer satisfaction
* On-Time Delivery
* Adequate communications to supervisor regarding any feeder issues
* Interfaces with capacity planning
* Updates and keeps current MRP operating data
* Researches and resolves unplanned over and under issues
* Issues Work order to Production cells for quantities consistent with customer requirements or to meet inventory plan
* Working with Production Cell Leaders, establish and adjust as needed, the appropriate levels of kanban inventory in WIP consistent with our investment goals and production needs.
* Establish production cell priorities based on customer needs
* Ensures that supply covers demand by releasing new orders, rescheduling open orders as necessary and feasible, and altering demand when supply will not be adequate.
* Manage data and reports in the BaaN system to support overview status information of customer service, inventory effectiveness, and production uptime.
* Keep control of order sequence and priorities to maintain production output consistent with plan
* Inform Production Management of any feeder capacity issues
* Working with Buyers, execute Engineering Change Notices and New Product Releases to minimize end-of-life scrap.
* Working through Customer Service Representatives, keep customers informed of variances to promised shipping dates as well as recovery actions being taken.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors degree
* Preferred: Certification by the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS)
* 3 years experience in production and inventory control
* Preferred: Six Sigma Green Belt
* Fundamental knowledge of assembly production process
* Computer literate in Windows applications
* 3 years experience working with an ERP system