Supply Planning Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUPPLY CHAIN - BRYAN, TX
SUPPLY PLANNING MANAGER
SO, WHAT'S THE GIG, EH
The Manager of Supply Planning is responsible for managing day to day supply planning operations including master production planning, capacity planning, distribution requirements planning, inventory planning and production purchase order management. This position is accountable for Nutrabolt's Fill Rate and Gross Inventory levels. The primary objective of Supply Planning Manager position is to assure continuity of supply within Supply Chain, develop standardized processes to optimize fill rate while minimizing gross inventory levels.
DAY IN THE LIFE OF:
* Manage overall supply chain activities including supply planning, DRP planning, co-manufacturer development, and inventory planning.
* Provides overall strategic direction for Supply Planning in the areas of:
* Organizational structure and talent management to deliver the business' strategy, operating plan and medium-term objectives
* Transforming from tactical to strategic value oriented.
* Developing capabilities (functional and managerial) to operate in diverse circumstances and industries.
* Creating an energizing work environment along with an innovative, efficient and flexible organization.
* Oversees the capacity-constrained Master Schedule based on the demand forecast, and verifies the reasonability of the supply plan that drives Supply Planning, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Packaging, Outsourcing, Distribution and their support groups, making adjustments for errors, oversights, and omissions as required.
* Creates, evaluates, maintains, and monitors Inventory Strategies to meet or surpass customer service and financial objectives set forth by Management. Assures proper safety stocks, lead times and re-order points.
* Support new product development including building optimized supply plans for new and renovated items.
* Implement & lead S&OP Supply-side process including reporting on manufacturer KPIs and build versus ship plan reporting, capacity utilization, inventory reporting and other reporting as required
* Develop, coach, and mentor up to four direct reports.
* Develop and manage co-manufacturer relationships and communication at multiple levels with their respective organizations.
* Partner with demand planning, marketing, logistics, customer service, sourcing, sales and finance to develop and execute appropriate course(s) of action for product launches, product rollouts, inventory shortages, excess inventory and end-of-life product distribution.
* Work proactively and cross functionally to assure collaboration to simplify supply chain initiatives to fit business needs.
* Implement and apply supply chain optimization initiatives as required.
* Establish and measure internal and external key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor supply chain performance to maximize service levels, optimize resource utilization, minimize total inventory and reduce supply disruption risk.
* Develop, implement and maintain proper inventory flow to support sales, manufacturer capacity and DC capacity. This includes the continuous evaluation, review and optimization of inventory turns, service levels and inventory levels.
* Ensure timely communication regarding inventory levels and key performance indicators to keep organization informed of inventory issues and supply chain performance.Plan, initiate and monitor open purchase orders to ensure timely receipt and inventory of all products to meet demand plan while achieving corporate inventory objectives.
* Partner with Inventory Control and Logistics functions to ensure proper supply chain procedures and internal controls are in place over physical product flow and accounting of inventory.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
* BA degree in Supply Chain, Business, or related field.
* MBA or other advanced degree a plus.
* APICS or Six Sigma certification preferred.
* 8+ years of related professional and progressive experience in supply chain in a global company with diverse product and sourcing portfolios.
* Prior team management experience combined with a proven track record of developing, coaching and mentoring a diverse supply chain team.
* Strong leadership skills to include problem solving, project management, emotional intelligence, written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate and influence at all levels within the organization.
* Strong analytical skills as well as organizational skills with high attention to detail.
* Self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple accountabilities and multiple internal customers.
* Strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
* Proficient in MS Office, with advanced skills in Excel.
* Advanced experience with ERP, inventory management and supply planning software solutions.