This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: The Support Assistant reports to the Clinical Advisor Holding Area/Chief Technologist. This position is responsible for performing daily cleaning tasks, discharge cleaning and admission set-up, equipment cleaning and project cleaning in an assigned area. Responsible for the transporting of patients and related transport functions.
* Completes work from previous shift. Reports all incomplete assignments and maintenance issues. Performs the Seven Step Cleaning Procedure, daily cleaning, discharge cleaning, discharge bed making, cath labs, EP labs and Holding area cleaning, between case cleaning, upholstery, wall, and glass care. Performs stat orders such as discharges, spills, floods, and responds to hospital emergencies.
* Cleans up all organic body waste (i.e. blood, sputum, and urine) as instructed by the team leader or supervisor. Cleans patient equipment including: IV poles, commodes, monitors and cables, specialty equipment, stretchers, wheel chairs, and cardiac chairs. Assists in manpower support for moves, special set-ups and any other occasion when a larger than normal group is needed.
* Collects solid and contaminated waste. Seals boxes used for contaminated waste in the area where the waste is generated. Delivers boxes after sealing to the designated areas and delivers it to the compactor area. Delivers solid waste to compactor area. Transports dirty medical instruments to Central Processing.
* Keeps cleaning products legibly and accurately labeled. Reports low supply of inventory to supervisor and/or team leader. Keeps housekeeping cart clean, stocked and orderly. Reports any malfunctioning equipment to supervisor and/or team leader. Delivers soiled mops, cleaning cloths, and linen to designated area.
* Transports patients between areas by wheelchair, stretcher, bed, vess chair, etc. Assists Nursing staff in moving the patient between bed or chair and the transportation vehicle. Assists with patient discharge and patient transfer by escorting, carrying luggage, etc. Transports deceased patients to morgue.
* High School diploma or GED required .
* 0-1 years related work experience required.
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS:Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
* KNOWLEDGE:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
* TEAM WORK:Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE:Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or 50 pounds of force frequently. Work is physically demanding and requires extended periods of standing and/or moving.
This position provides transport and cleaning services for invasive cardiology. Invasive cardiology consist of 3 electrophysiology procedure room and 1 hybrid room in the OR. The lab offers nationally recognized team of physicians performing approximately 1760 cutting edge procedures yearly. EP studies including 3D mapping and various ablations techniques, device, and lead extractions.
The Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory consist of 4 procedures rooms and 2 hybrid procedures rooms in the OR. The lab offers a comprehensive range of cardiac and peripheral vascular procedures performed by nationally recognized cardiac interventionist. The structural heart program is comprised of transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), valvuloplasty, PFO, ASD, VSD, mitraclip, septal artery ablation.
Holding Area consists of 16 beds. The hours of operation are 0630-1930. This busy and fast paced unit performs cardioversions and TEE procedures as well as highly specialized pre and post procedure care to invasive cardiology patients.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf