Support Engineer (NY, Queens )
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Koniag Technogy Solutions (KTS) is currently accepting applications for a Support Engineer to join our team in Queens NY. This is a direct, full-time position with our company working at our customer's site. The hours are Monday-Friday, 8.5 hrs./day within core hours of 6am-6pm, to include a
--hr. non-billable meal break.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a client-sponsored HSPD-12 suitability clearance.
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, and a PTO program. We look forward to hearing from you!
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide hardware and software engineering, technical support services, training for operation of various existing applications and implementation and operation of new technologies that reside in the client's Remote Operations Communication Center (ROCC) infrastructure, located in Queens. The candidate shall provide on-site support and management for hardware devices located at the ROCC, as well as provide 2nd- and 3rd-level software and problem determination support for this infrastructure that falls under the purview of the Richmond ROCC. General duties include:
* Perform day-to-day operations necessary for effective hardware operation, including daily database initialization, monitoring health of the client/server equipment and data flow through Outlook/Exchange, database, storage and the PDC servers
* Perform daily checks on overnight hardware functionality and troubleshoot as necessary
* Provide troubleshooting to efficiently isolate workstation or server connectivity issues and hardware problems in a multiple domain environment
* Provide problem analysis for all types of hardware, as they perform within the ROCC infrastructure, and coordinate the activities necessary for problem resolution
* Perform all activities necessary to resolve hardware problems
* Install and/or reinstall Agency-approved software on multiple platform disciplines resident in the ROCC
* Perform software application troubleshooting on all Agency-standard software
* Perform the day-to-day operations necessary for effective software operation; coordinate prompt and appropriate problem resolution
* Provide troubleshooting to efficiently isolate workstation or server connectivity issues and software application problems in a multiple-domain environment
* Perform all activities necessary to resolve software problems (may require limited travel)
* Provide support and problem resolution for Microsoft Windows server and workstation, multiple-domain structures
* Provide necessary expertise to use common Microsoft Administration utilities such as Server Manager, User Manager and Performance Monitor
* Provide suggestions to achieve proactive problem resolution; contribute suggestions for continuous improvement of daily operations in the remote office using network management utilities such as SMS
* Logically resolve problems in the client server area by using the TCP/IP suite of protocols (PING, TRACERT, TELNET, etc.)