- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Support Planning Manager
More information about this job:
Riverbed is the leader in application performance infrastructure, delivering the most complete platform for the hybrid enterprise to ensure applications perform as expected, data is always available when needed, and performance issues can be proactively detected and resolved before impacting business performance. Riverbed is trusted by the world s best brands for the delivery of superior application performance for their globally connected enterprises. Riverbed s 26,000+ customers include 97% of the Fortune 100 and 98% of the Forbes Global100.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
Riverbed is looking for a Support Planning Manager to manage introduction and ongoing support plans for the Riverbed Technical Support team. The position is responsible for developing close working relationships with the program teams and developing support plans, this includes the following:
* Work with Product management to ensure that the product release schedule is understood
* Communicate the release schedule to support management
* Ensure that Product Requirements, and associated Engineering Response documents are reviewed for support implications
* Provide support and serviceability feedback during the design and development phases
* Coordinate beta support activity
* Track serviceability enhancement requests
* Schedule regular serviceability meetings with Engineering and product management
* Provide monthly reporting on program and readiness status
* Interface with third party organizations to create joint support and escalation procedures
* Coordinate regular check points with third party organizations to ensure process effectiveness
* Work with NPI training function to ensure that the correct levels of training are being delivered.
* Work with Support Operations in defining new support offerings.
* Experience in a customer support management role
* At least 8-10 yrs experience
* Knowledge of Product life Cycle process
* Experience in support delivery and planning for networking or server products.
* Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
* Proven ability to broker effective forward momentum in challenging environments
* Experience working with and supporting Fortune 500 companies Background in the following area is a strong plus:
* Knowledge of commonly used application protocols (CIFS, NFS, MAPI)
* Experience with wide area networks or storage applications
* Experience with security products Characteristics:
* Motivated by the challenges and rewards of a dynamic fast moving company
* Able to multi-task and perform well under pressure
* Fast, efficient, and tenacious in solving technical problems
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Prefer environments valuing individual initiative
* Ability to seek out opportunities to improve products and services
Why Riverbed Technology*
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.