Support Specialist Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
St. Joseph Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY:
Under the direct supervision of the Assistant Business Office Director, the Support Services Representative works with customers to address and resolve inquiries and concerns related to patient accounts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Speak with customers by phone or in person to obtain information needed to complete tasks.
* Confer with other staff members to obtain additional information and clarification needed to resolve customer concerns.
* Reconcile accounts according to insurance contracts.
* Review accounts for appeal requests and forward appropriately.
* Review accounts for duplicate or charge errors, forwarding to audit if necessary.
* Correct or add insurance information to bill account.
* Encourage payment from patient through credit card, check or payment arrangement.
* Answer all inquiries from customer promptly (generally the same day received) whether the inquiries are via telephone or mail.
* Assist patient accounting inquiries by courteously supplying accurate timely information, including bills.
* Follow all guidelines and policies for Business Office employees, both general policies and those specific to customer service activities.
* Maintain a courteous and professional attitude with customers and coworkers.
* Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
* Other duties as assigned.
* Supportive of the compliance program set forth by IASIS Healthcare and demonstrated by:
* Upholds the Code of Ethics and Corporate Compliance.
* Adheres to and helps to enforce all compliance policies relevant to his/her area.
* Assures timely compliance education as requested by the Regional Compliance and Safety Officer and/or through corporate initiatives.
* Sets an example to all staff in their daily activities.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* At least one year of customer service experience required.
* Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
H.S. Diploma or GED required.
* Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally in writing.
* Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations.
* Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties.
* PC skills - demonstrated proficiency in PC applications as required.
* Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and Systems.
* Basic skills - able to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell correctly and transcribe accurately.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES/WOMEN/VETERANS/DISABLED
Job: Business Services/Medical Records
Primary Location: Texas-Houston
Organization: St. Joseph Medical Center
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED
Employee Status: Part Time, under 30 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Days