Supv, Billing & Service Orders
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/19/2016
Orlando Utilities Commission
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUPV, BILLING & SERVICE ORDERS
Number of Openings: 1
OUC The Reliable One, an industry leader as the second largest municipal utility in Florida, is looking for qualified individuals to be part of our growing team. We are looking for self-motivated, creative professional who can assist with achieving our vision of being recognized as the best utility in the nation. In addition, we are seeking individuals who are interested in working for a family friendly employer. OUC ranked #13 out of the Top 100 Companies for Working Families in Central Florida.
We are seeking an individual for a Regular position as a SUPV, BILLING & SERVICE ORDERS in the Customer Service Division.
Supervise and lead the work of billing operations staff to ensure timely, accurate billing services. Duties entail all of, but not limited to the following: assigning work; monitoring workload; performing complex analysis and research of Customer Information System (CIS) processes in multiple systems; performing statistical analysis, financial calculations, adjustments, and corrections; balancing receivables; maintaining customer financial and data record; and helping to ensure compliance with OUC Administrative Policy.
Supervise and lead Billing Operations personnel in day-to-day activities; participate with the manager in establishing accountabilities, performance metrics, and goals & objectives, evaluating employee performance, and coaching and developing employees;
Research and resolve problems, including elevated requests, involving the analysis and validation of complex consolidated billing rates and programs (i.e. Chilled Water, Sewer Credit, Totalizer Billing, and Submetering);
Monitor Service Order Management (SOM) workload including the number of Field Activity (FA) errors and Worklist items to ensure automated systems are functioning as expected; notify IT and Billing Management of anomalies in expected workflow (i.e. slow system response time, orders remaining in pending status or not completing, system processes not starting or ending on schedule, or a large number of FA errors); follow through to resolution;
Analyze workload and completion data to uncover system problems and identify efficiencies;
Evaluate daily workload in Billing Operations and SOM within parameters established by Manager, and reallocate resources as needed;
Assign Billing Operations work to analysts: hi-low exceptions, bill segment exceptions, bill print intercept code report, and completed re-read field activity (FA) requests daily, and service agreement (SA) exceptions and Customer Contact requests weekly;
Maintain and participate in analyzing departmental and individual performance metrics;
Analyze and respond to supervisor escalations and complex inquiries;
Review credit and debit adjustments on customer accounts and approve adjustments up to $1,000;
Perform other duties as assigned.
* Working knowledge of all, but not limited to, the following:
* Advanced knowledge of MS Excel preferred (i.e. Charts/graphs, pivot tables, formulas, etc.);
* OUC's Customer Information System (CIS) and Meter Data Management (MDM) System, preferred;
* Billing statements;
* Customer records and spreadsheets;
* Financial analysis and reporting (i.e. Graphs);,
* Familiarity with all of, but not limited to, the following:
* Software Applications (i.e. Cognos; Reporting software);
* Related industry, organizational and departmental policies, practices, and procedures; legal guidelines, ordinances, and laws;
* Utility rates and tariffs
* Strong organizational and prioritization skills;
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
* Ability to understand and interpret statistical and quantitative data and graphs;
* Ability to understand and interpret OUC rates and tariffs;
* Flexible and able to adjust to multiple and changing priorities;
* Effective communication skills, both verbal and written;
* Ability to lead, coach, develop, evaluate, and supervise assigned employees;
* Understand and apply governmental accounting practices in maintenance of financial records;
* Make arithmetic computations using whole numbers, fractions and decimals, rates, ratios and percentages;
* Use Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.) and standard office equipment (computer, telephone, copier, etc.);
EDUCATION/ CERTIFICATION/ YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor s Degree in Business or related field of study from an accredited college or university; two (2) years of additional experience (as described below) may replace each year short of the education requirement;
Minimum of five (5) years in Customer Service, Electric and/or Water Meter Shop, Billing, Service Orders back office, or Meter Reading, to include demonstrated experience in leading complex projects and/or teams (experience may be in a single area or a combination of any of the preceding areas to meet the three year prerequisite);
Utility experience (preferred);
Special training to be completed within one (1) year:
OUC Track 1 Leadership Certificate or Equivalent
Special training to be completed within two (2) years:
Problem Solving, Six Sigma/DMAIC, or equivalent Quality Improvement training
Rate of Pay: CS09N Hourly $26.22 - 39.34
Based on an applicants qualifications an individual maybe considered for a lower or higher job classification in the same job family.
OUC The Reliable One is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information and any other factor prohibited under applicable federal, state, and local civil rights laws, rules and regulations.
OUC Offers a competitive compensation & benefits package which includes paid medical program for employee, free life insurance, hybrid retirement package, paid vacation, holidays, and sick time.