Supv - Inventory Control
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Buffalo Grove, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Plexus has an exciting opportunity for a Supervisor of Inventory Control. The Supv - Inventory Control is responsible for receiving, tracking and storing materials in the warehouse and non-conforming materials.
Key Job Accountabilities:
* Facilitate and coordinate material flow from receipt to the warehouse. Responsible for accurate receiving, storage, retrieval, kitting and put away of site inventory
* Direct supervision of employees including recruitment, performance management and training
* Develop and motivate employees through effective and consistent communication
* Responsible for maintaining acceptable warehouse metrics including: receiving, inventory accuracy and aging
* Partner with the planning and production personnel on the flow and organization of materials through the production to shipping process
Additional Accountabilities & Job Functions:
* Develops reports and performance measures to assist in the management of material flow to support production.
* Use Lean/Sigma, DAMAIC, 5S, Kanban and other continuous improvement tools to foster a culture whereby Lean/Sigma is utilized to continuously improve the processes
* Responsible for maintaining acceptable line side inventory and customer shipping metrics including: On Time Delivery and Inventory Accuracy
* Oversee the controlled storage and movement of line side parts and finished goods
* Track and respond to shortages reported from the manufacturing floor
* Manage inventory against targets and analyze changes to line side inventory month to month
* Establish and maintain line side cycle counting program and perform line side audits on a regular basis
* Investigate and solve problems resulting from material shortages and inventory discrepancies
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 5%)
* Additional duties as assigned by management
* A minimum of a(n) Associate's degree or equivalent experience is required for this position; a(n) Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Business, Supply Chain or Manufacturing (comparable experience may be considered) is preferred
* Experience of 5 year(s) required for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 3 or more years is highly desirable
* APICS knowledge and certification a plus
* 5+ years supervisory experience in a Warehouse or Manufacturing environment
* 5+ years of professional materials control experience
* In-depth knowledge of materials and inventory systems, turns, material movement, etc.
* Proven experience in developing and implementing continues improvement programs and systems
* Above average verbal and written communication skills
* Above average organizational, teamwork, leadership and problem resolution
Skills & Abilities:
* Has intimate knowledge of material/inventory control processes and transactions can perform said transactions when needed. This requires a high level of ability with the various Plexus systems used to manage materials and production that may include JDE One World, Global Shop Floor (GSF), DSI, DTS, DCS, FoxPro, SFDM, CIM, WMS, and FastPic.
* All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
* Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
* Depending on the position and location, some of our customer contracts that are governed by the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) may require us to only consider applicants who are US Citizens or permanent residents (green card holders), or have been granted political asylum. Thank you for your understanding.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!