Supv, Lab in Belleville, NJ - Hematology
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Supv, Lab-Hematology in Belleville, NJ.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 6:00am - 2:30pm
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3763076
Under direction of the manager/director plans, organizes, schedules, and directs the work of the section in order to effectively maximize employee, equipment, and material utilization within budgetary constraints while adhering to quality technical standards. Provides direct on-site supervision of specimen workflow, test performance, quality, compliance, and associated documentation to adhere to the department and company policies and procedures.
1. Oversees staff and activities of the department, distributes/assigns work; determines priorities; schedules non-routine procedures; performs personnel related functions (hiring, firing, discipline, training, etc.).
2. Performs advanced/specialized tests and other related laboratory techniques. May duplicate work of others to confirm test results. Re-evaluates methodology, makes recommended changes and assists in test interpretation. Determines if further testing should be done on samples or if test should be repeated.
3. Checks/approves all specialized and problem reports for accuracy.
4. Initiates quality-control measures and monitors quality of work for adherence to laboratory standards.
5. Performs duties of technologist as necessitated by absence or peak workload.
6. Completes special projects as requested, e. g., surveys, statistical reports, studies, research, etc.
Education: BS/BA degree in Medical Technology or related field
Work Experience: 4 to 6 years as a medical technologist or equivalent in a laboratory environment.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.