Supv, Specimen Processing - Irving, TX
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Journey Begins with you.
There's quite a distance between wondering and knowing. And for patients waiting for answers to important health questions, it's a road they want to travel as quickly as possible.
At Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, we understand urgency. But more than speed, we focus our energies on accuracy. Currently, we seek a Supv, Specimen Processing - Irving, TX.
Schedule: Monday Friday, 10pm 6:30am, weekends as needed, Night shift
*Salary dependent upon experience*
REQ # 3763270
Supervise functions within Specimen Processing department, which may include one or more of the following: Specimen Processing, Cytology Accessioning, Referral Testing, Test in Question/Problem Resolution, Imaging/Microfilming. Responsible for overseeing the following activities, daily operations of Specimen Processing, all compliance training, training of personnel, monitoring Quality of the department(s), monitor and improve productivity. Ensure maintenance of a safe, ergonomically sound, professional environment. Know and understand all functions of the department.
1. Responsible for daily operations of department.
2. May have responsibility for Referral Testing, Cytology Accessioning, Imaging/Microfilming, Test In Question and some Client Service functions
3. Oversee safety, ergonomics, maintenance, and cleanliness of department (including upgrades, repairs, etc)
4. Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures for Specimen Processing in accordance with Quest Diagnostics guidelines.
5. Reviews Specimen Processing Standard Operating Procedure Manual on an annual basis and ensures departmental compliance. Identifies need for revisions and/or additional SOP's as indicated.
6. Where applicable, ensures all Federal, State & local licensure requirements are met, working with the QA and Medical Director's offices.
7. Ensures all Laboratory QA/QC documentation is complete and reviewed as required.
8. Ensure all employees meet Compliance Guidelines and Competency Testing.
9. Monitor incoming workflow from Logistics and make necessary changes to ensure adequate supply of specimens to technical departments
10. May supervise packing and shipping of specimens to other laboratories, in accordance with IATA regulations.
11. Ensures integrity of specimens sent to other facilities meet the criteria necessary to provide accurate and timely results.
12. Monitor special handling of Jeopardized Clients, Hospital Clients and Vital Specimens to ensure there are no mishandled specimen(s)/patient requisitions.
13. Establish and motivate a participative work environment that actively encourages and supports employee involvement.
14. Disseminate all essential information in a timely manner, using various forms of communication to all departmental staff.
15. Track/enter time/attendance of employees.
16. Prepare month-end reports.
17. Investigates/resolves and responds in a timely manner to internal and external customer complaints appropriately and effectively.
18. Prepares schedules for department employees, maintains adequate coverage for department
19. Oversee and ensure adequate supply inventory for department.
20. Ensure continuous process improvement and/or standardization initiatives are implemented in accordance with established deadlines.
21. Participate in the interview, selection and hiring of new employees.
22. Responsible for coaching, development and supervision of staff.
23. Ensures all employees receive adequate training and meet annual competency requirements
24. Monitor on-going performance of employees; provide corrective action and counseling as required. Prepare and administer annual performance appraisals
25. Ensure fiscal responsibilities of the department are met. This includes implementation of cost containment programs, management of overtime, participation in standardization initiatives and needs assessment for capital expenditures.
26. Participate on Six Sigma projects and Process Improvement Teams, or other initiatives to meet business unit objectives.
27. Organize and lead projects both within the work group and with cross-functional groups. Meet all deadlines assigned by manager. May be required to give presentations within business unit.
28. Effectively work with Technical departments to resolve problems. Must have the interpersonal skills to gain cooperation with other departments, and foster continuous improvement.
29. Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; is able to manage concerns of clients, technical departments and employees in a professional manner
30. All other duties as assigned.
1. Must be able to adjust schedule to meet business unit requirements, which may include extended hours.
2. Must have the mental alertness and high energy required to appropriately perform job.
3. Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills, and interact effectively with internal and external customers.
4. Work effectively in fast paced environment with multiple priorities
5. Monitor and provide safe work environment, prepare incident reports and implement preventative measures
6. Act in a professional manner at all times.
Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by:
1. AA degree or a combination of education and experience. 3 years experience in a laboratory.
2. PC skills, MS Office applications.
3. Medical or production background preferred
Potential candidates should have proven front line leadership skills with a strong
emphasis on team building and direct report development. Providing one on one
directrion as well as department communication is critical to our success each shift.
Candidates must also be able to provide direction and support for inspection
readiness and all other job duties related to daily functional operations.
How To Apply
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact candidates to be interviewed
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.]
Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.