Surety Account Manager (4809)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Alliant Insurance Services
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
Responsible for servicing assigned accounts including set-up, bonding, renewals and general questions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs independent reviews on bonding requirements and determines proper coverage and identify possible deficiencies.
* Obtains all pertinent underwriting information including financials needed to maintain principals bond program;
* Facilitates underwriting process & communication between the surety carrier and the client to execute bonds and riders to bonds;
* Partners with Brokers in marketing and placement of risks;
* Updates and maintains all manuals, powers of attorneys, etc.;
* Processes renewals, new bonds, and follows up on bond exonerations;
* Provides technical and problem solving support to staff;
* Performs a variety of commercial lines and accounting duties in support of department and agency;
* Serves as a technical expert and trainer;
* Assists other team members in resolving complex issues;
* Collection of fees, reconciliation and resolution of any outstanding balances within 90 days of invoicing date;
* Complies with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information);
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
5+ years related work experience
Must possess a valid Insurance license
Familiar with rating and underwriting guidelines
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Good leadership, problem solving and time management skills
Advanced analytical skills
Good planning, organizational and prioritization skills
Ability and motivation to work independently
Proficient in Microsoft Office products
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.