Surface Logger I (North East)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 12/1/2016
ALS Oil and Gas
ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
A Surface Logger is expected to work a 14/7 rotation (with flexibility) on drilling locations throughout the US. These individuals gather technical, geological and observational data to ensure proper interpretation for production companies.
The successful applicant s duties will consist of the following:
* Shift rotation of 12 hours per day; 14 days on and 7 days off average
* Set up and install sensors, computers and equipment
* Monitor data from proprietary data acquisition systems
* Collect and analyze cutting and fluid samples from the well
* Communicate data with various key personnel
* Prepare reports
* Follows the guidance and direction of the Surface Logger II or Senior Surface Logger
* Must be able to perform and follow safety protocol for both Empirica and external clients
* Willingness to work in remote locations
* Strong knowledge of geology, math and chemistry
* Strong computer knowledge
* Relatively clean driving record with a valid Driver's License
* Legal right to work in the US
* Clean Background
* Ability to pass a work related physical and drug screen
* Ability and desire to work away from home consistently
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Two year Vocational, Technical or Associates level degree preferred
* Individuals with "Some College" will also be considered with proof of courses completed
* Experience with Computers, laboratory or other related fields will also be considered
* Ability to sit/stand for up to 12 hours per shift;
* Manual dexterity to perform repetitive tasks such as lifting and pulling up to 70lbs.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest in ALS but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
"ALS Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving and maintaining a workforce which reflects and affirms the diversity of our society"
ALS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
EOE AA Minority, Female, Veteran, Individuals with Disabilities