Surgical Laser Technician (Sacramento, CA)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Universal Hospital Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONARE YOU LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB THAT ALLOWS YOU TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OTHERS\' LIVES AND TO WORK IN THE STABLE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY?
Laser Technicians maintain a professional relationship with all physicians, hospital staff, physicians office staff and other personnel both in appearance and behavior. A Technician s role is to make sure equipment is working and ready for use when it is needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING.
* Ensure proper handling of delicate lasers and equipment before, during and after procedures.
* Test fire all equipment and inspect supplies prior to leaving Quality Assurance.
* Arrive to cases on time and prepared, ensuring safe transport of sterile supplies.
* Provide staff with necessary disposables needed in conjunction with UHS SS equipment.
* Complete the necessary arrangements of the O.R. suite prior to surgical procedure by testing and cleaning equipment, insuring the sterilization and proper set up of equipment is complete prior to scheduled procedure.
* Remove, clean, disinfect and/or sterilize all PRI equipment after surgical procedure.
* Return equipment to UHS SS, clean in proper order ready to use. Insure unused disposable are returned to stock and all equipment is put away.
* Bring any defective materials to the attention of Quality Assurance.
* Process all paperwork (i.e. Work Orders, Purchase Orders, and Inventory) in a timely and accurate manner.
* Vehicle, equipment logs and time cards are processed on time and accurate.
* Maintain operational readiness of lasers, instruments, equipment and supplies at all times.
* Maintain operational readiness of vehicle, to include removal of trash daily and any vehicle concerns are to be brought to the attention of the maintenance staff. Have routine maintenance performed as required.
* All vehicle keys and fuel cards are to be returned to their paper place.
* Respond to pager or phone as appropriate to the code used. Daily check of voicemails and e-mails as per company policy to ensure timely communication.
* Keep abreast of trends in laser technology and related techniques through continued education.
* Attend meetings and in-services, participating in UHS SS Education Program and assisting when requested with orientation and training of other UHS SS staff and hospital staff.
* Take surgical cases as scheduled and take equal share of on-call, both weekend and weekday.
* Must maintain current CPR and TB certificates as well as maintain a valid DMV license.
* Perform pick-ups and deliveries as required.
* Maintain a courteous and professional relationship with coworkers and management at all times.
* Maintain technician status and qualifications as required by UHS SS.
* Obtain facility Purchase Orders.
* Close cases in the scheduling system daily.
* Willing to take on new challenges while being directly accountable and self-critical.
* Ability to report to work on time and on a regular basis.
* Ability to travel when needed.
* Ability to work flexible hours with an on call schedule.
* All other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a Laser Technician, you must be able to lift eighty (80) pounds and push or pull one-hundred (100) pounds. A technician is required to load and unload equipment at various locations. A technician may be required to sit for long periods of time as well as being able to bend and reach repetitively.
The numbers tell it all. UHS has been in business since 1939; it operates through 85 districts and serves customers in all 50 states.
Our motto? Quality. Value. Service. All of us. All the time. Now, find out what that means to you. Compensation includes base wage, 401(k). Full time opportunities offer health/dental and tuition reimbursement. Excellent career pathing opportunities as well. Learn more. Apply online today!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug testing.
PRIMARY JOB LOCATION:
Sacramento - District site
ADDITIONAL LOCATIONS (IF APPLICABLE):
Laser Technician I
Universal Hospital Services