Surgical NP FT Days
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 12/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Surgical NP FT Days Department:
Nursing Support\-Med/Surg - - - # Description Requisition ID:
7405 Job Title:
Nurse Practitioner - Surgical*
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
* The Nurse Practitioner is an advanced practice nurse that provides independent nursing and collaborative medical management to the surgical patient population, according to standardized procedures and in collaboration with a physician supervisor\. Provides primary, secondary, and in some cases, tertiary care within scope of practice, licensure and organizational policies\. Services provided include, but are not limited to:
taking histories, conducting physical examinations, ordering, performing and interpreting appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests and therapies and furnishing drugs and devices in a cost efficient manner for specific conditions\. Emphasis is placed on health promotion, disease prevention and patient education, combining the qualities of both nursing and medicine\. Acts as a health care resource and role model to staff by maintaining a high degree of ethics and integrity\.*
* The Perfect Fit:
* - A qualified, experienced Registered Nurse, MSN \(Masters Degree of Science in Nursing\) with an insatiable curiosity and sense of inquiry to learn why we treat cancer as we do \- and to help us achieve the next level of care\. - A heartfelt commitment to providing quality, evidence\-based care to help patients achieve optimal outcomes\. - An abiding compassion for patients and their families, all of whom are fighting against cancer and for a return to health\. - A holistic view of healthcare, recognizing that professional nurses not only care for the physical symptoms of cancer, but for the mental, emotional, psychological and spiritual manifestations as well\. - A genuine desire to be challenged by a complex patient population that is aging, and may be suffering from co\-morbidities like heart disease or diabetes in addition to a cancer diagnosis\. - A contagious enthusiasm for focusing \- or refocusing \- your career on the sense of vocation that compelled you to choose nursing in the first place\.*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* - Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing for 'hold out as a nurse practitioner' as defined in Section 1482, Nurse Practice Act, Business and Professions Code\. - One to three years clinical experience in surgery preferred\. - Current California Registered Nurse License and current certification as a nurse practitioner, required\. Current American Heart Association BLS certification, required\. - Board Certified required\. - Preferred Certification:
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced\.City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .