Surgical Operational Efficiency Specialist - Austin
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/23/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONKARL STORZ Endoscopy-America, Inc., is an affiliate of KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG, an international leader for more than 70 years in reusable endoscope technology, encompassing all endoscopic specialties. Based in Tuttlingen, Germany, KARL STORZ GmbH & Co. KG is a family-owned company that designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets all its products with an emphasis on visionary design, precision craftsmanship and clinical effectiveness.
Headquartered in El Segundo, California, KARL STORZ Endoscopy-America is responsible for all U.S. distribution of endoscopes, instruments, imaging systems, electromechanical devices and OR1 integration technologies
The KARL STORZ Surgical Operational Efficiency Specialist (SOES) is a trained Specialist with M.I.S equipment and devices and an integral member of the KARL STORZ Service team. The OES is responsible for the management and troubleshooting these devices (including hand instruments, video equipment and the integrated Operating Room (OR1) within their assigned hospital.
The OES will be responsible for:
* Face-to-face customer support, including OR, SPD and Biomed,
* Preventative maintenance and management of endoscopy products so that they are always in good working order and ready for use including documentation of their functionality
* Monitoring, reporting and facilitating repair / exchange transactions
* Keeping repairs and replacement equipment expenses within a predetermined budget for the account.
* Training and education for the OR, SPD and supporting departments,
* Designing process improvements to improve efficiencies and reduce repair costs
* Identifying opportunities to reduce instrument damage and related repair costs
* Gathering detailed usage and repair data
* Identifying and implementing reusable strategies
* Communicating effectively with diverse clientele including good written and oral communication skills as well as good interpersonal skills are required.
* Performing complex and time-critical tasks with optimum effectiveness and efficiency with little or no supervision in high-pressure situations.
The OES will be part of an operations team tasked with providing the customer with cost reduction initiatives and value well beyond the tasks listed above.
* This role will include all aspects of the implementation of reusable M.I.S. products from training to procedural support.
* The candidate will also be responsible for capturing procedural and device usage data. While analysis of the data will not be necessary, they must have a strong comprehension of the data that is collected.
* In some accounts the OES will also be responsible for the transporting, cleaning and packaging of instruments after use.
At its core, the OES program s goal is to manage M.I.S. devices and facilitate and expedite successful M.I.S procedures, thus allowing the surgeon and staff to focus on the patient and not on equipment and related issues.
* Level of accountability: Generally independent but supervised;
* Level of decision making: Specialized tasks
* Supervision: Does not supervise others directly
* Financial/Budgetary: Little or no financial impact on revenues or cost
* Has contact with: KSEA internal staff, other team members, and hospital contacts
* Physical Requirements: Considerable mental and physical effort
* Travel: up to 5% travel during the year
* A minimum education level of a high-school diploma with related experience; higher degree preferred
* Preferred 2-4 years experience in surgical technology or central sterile experience or previous work history in medical sales or services management
KSEA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, KSEA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.