Surgical Scheduler Arcadia, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTION- - - # Surgical Scheduler \(Arcadia, CA\) Department:
AR\-Administration\-Administratn - - - # Description Requisition ID:
8058 Job Title:
Surgical Scheduler Shift:
Full Time / Days Location:
* Position Summary and Key Responsibilities
* The surgery scheduler oversees the daily operation of surgical department, schedules patients for surgery and coordinates operating room schedules for multi\-site surgeons\. This includesscheduling and completing any active work list items \(including:
all pre\-op orders, laboratory and diagnostic studies\) as ordered by the surgeon along with requesting authorization and/or pre\-certification from health plans prior to scheduled surgery\. The person in this role will also be responsible for counseling patients concerning scheduled surgery, financial obligation and providing preoperative instructions*
* Minimum Education and Skills Required for Consideration:
* Minimum Education:
* High School or equivalent\.*
* Minimum Experience:
* Two years' work experience in a medical environment including experience with surgery scheduling\. Experience with electronic medical records\. Must be proficient in Medical terminology*
* About City of Hope
* City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 4000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life\-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient\-centered philosophy\. Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non\-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand\-in\-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research\. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment\. City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability\. .