Surgical Services Procedure Analyst 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Denver (estab.1873)
* Largest acute care provider in Denver area
* 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
* 371 beds
* New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
* Breast Care Center
* Cardiovascular Services
* Center for Women and Infants
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Services
* Medical Imaging
* Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
* Surgical Care
* Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
The Surgical Services Procedure Card & Process Analyst (or Procedure Card Ambassador) is responsible for the maintenance, standardization, and analysis of effective operating room procedure card processes within the Denver area. The focus of this role will include daily optimization of accurate procedure card content related to equipment, instruments, supplies, physician accreditation, procedure standardization, card content updates and/or revisions. Clean PC data results in improved clinician and physician satisfaction, patient safety, working capital costs, and labor efficiencies. This position will travel between multiple care sites and work directly with Physicians and OR leadership (regionally) to review procedure card content needs, for maximum cost savings and standardization. This role drives process improvement through qualitative and quantitative measures. Effectively communicates and demonstrates a clear understanding of the SCL standards, vision, and guiding principles
* BA or BS in Nursing with an advanced degree preferred.
* Requires a minimum of three to five years of acute operating room clinical experience.
* Experience with physician procedure cards a must.
* Extensive knowledge of medical/surgical equipment, instrument, supplies, computerized inventory control programs, and OR procedure card systems (EPIC OpTime).
* Operating Room related billing, scheduling, auditing experience is preferred.
* Must have an extensive knowledge of analytics, Business Objects Enterprise (BOE) is a must.
* Prior IT and/or database management experience preferred.
* Effective organizational, communication and human relations skills are necessary as the incumbent will be coordinating several projects simultaneously and working closely with department managers and all levels of staff.
* Excellent training, leadership skills and professional demeanor.