Surgical Tech - Full time - JVMC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Jordan Valley Medical Center
West Jordan, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONJordan Valley Medical Center has been serving the health care needs of the Southwest Valley for more than 25 years. This busy full-service hospital offers its neighbors a wide range of medical services and advanced medical technologies backed by a dedicated and caring staff.
As the area has grown, Jordan Valley Medical Center has responded by expanding its services. In 1993, the Women's Center opened. Today this warm comfortable center ushers more that 2,100 babies a year into the world.
In 2000, Jordan Valley added an 18-bed Emergency Department, staffed 24 hours a day by a team of quality physicians, nurses and technicians.
In January 2004, Jordan Valley completed Phase I of the hospitals' expansion project. This phase included an eight-bed Intensive Care Unit, ten Medical Surgical Rooms and ten new LDRP (Labor, Delivery, Recovery, and Postpartum) suites. Also included in this phase was the renovation of the current nursery, increased parking and additional dietary space.
Phase II of the expansion project was completed in January 2009. This latest expansion project was specifically designed for optimum patient comfort and increased efficiency. The new wing consists of three new hospital patient floors; 10 additional critical care beds; 88 new inpatient beds; 15 new beds in the emergency department; a new, fully automated laboratory system; a redesigned outpatient cardiology center; and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
* Will work as needed.
* Responsible for performing scrub duties for surgical procedures, including preparation for, performance during, and clean up at the end of the procedure.
* Functions under the supervision of the RN circulator.
* Encompasses all specialities and age groups adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
* Will be on call nights and weekends.
* Must have Surgical Technology Schooling
* BLS Certification (CPR) issued by American Heart Association AHA Healthcare Provider is required.
* Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
* MINIMUM OF ONE YEAR OF WORK EXPERIENCE IN THE OPERATING ROOM
* SURGICAL TECHNOLOGY GRADUATE PREFERRED.
* ORT Certification preferred
IASIS Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled
JORDAN VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER IS DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY OWNED BY AN ENTITY THAT PROUDLY INCLUDES PHYSICIAN OWNERS, INCLUDING CERTAIN MEMBERS OF THE HOSPITAL\'S MEDICAL STAFF.
Job: Surgical Tech
Primary Location: Utah-West Jordan
Organization: Jordan Valley Medical Center
Education Level: Technical Diploma
Employee Status: Full Time Benefit Eligible 36-40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Days
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled