Surgical Tech - Operating Room
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Wheat Ridge, CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONLutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Wheat Ridge, CO (estab. 1905)
* Community-based, acute care hospital, Level III Trauma Center
* 2,100 associates, 900 physicians, 600 volunteers
* 338 beds
Services & Expertise
* 5-Star Birthing Center
* Breast Care Center (NAPBC accredited)
* Bridges Integrative Health & Wellness
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Heart & Neurovascular
* Primary Stroke Center
* Robotic Surgery
* Senior ER, Behavioral Health & Surgery
* Sleep Center
* Spine Center
* Women & Family Center
Kudos: Lutheran is recognized for quality, safety & patient experience by Truven, the Joint Commission & more!
This Surgical Tech position will be on the Main OR and assists the surgical team by acting as the primary scrub person who handles the instruments, supplies and equipment during surgical procedures. Maintains constant vigilance for the maintenance of the sterile field.
* Checks supplies/instrumentation and equipment needed for surgical procedures and ensures they are working properly.
* Opens sterile supplies and sets up the table for each surgical procedure.
* Provides a sterile field for surgical procedures. Ensures that the members of the surgical team are properly attired and assists the surgeon with draping the patient to isolate the operative site.
* Assists in the maintenance of the sterile field by applying principles of aseptic techniques and informing the surgeon/surgical team of infractions.
* Passes instruments and supplies to the surgeon.
* Counts sponges and sharps with the RN prior to the surgery and before the incision is closed.
* Cleans and prepares the instruments for sterilization.
* Assists in the maintenance of specialty surgical services.
* Prepares the sterile dressing for the patients incision.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent, required
* Successful completion of an accredited Operating Room/Surgical Tech program, required
* Current certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist, required
* Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
* Must be registered on DORA in the state of CO
* Two years of surgical tech experience, preferred