Surgical Tech - Orthopedic Hospital
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Surgical Care Affiliates
JOB DESCRIPTION_Full-time career opportunity to join the 'partner of choice', Surgical Care Affiliates (S.C.A.) as an "Surgical Technologist" at The CORE Institute Specialty Hospital. THIS POSITION INCLUDES A FULL-BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING INSURANCE BENEFITS, PAID TIME OFF, 401K, AND MORE- ALL OF WHICH BEGIN ON YOUR FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS OVER TWO YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AS A SURGICAL TECH WITH ORTHOPEDIC EXPERIENCE._
SCA owns and/or provides management services to 194 ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital surgery departments, in partnership with approximately 2,800 physicians and in affiliation with 105 health systems. SCA's clinical systems, service line growth strategies, benchmarking processes, and efficiency programs create measurable advantage for surgical facilities - clinically, operationally, and financially. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
The SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (ST) is responsible for the provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the Registered Nurse. The Surgical Tech performs duties according to the scope of practice designated by the facility position description, role and responsibilities and according to the surgical technologist professional organization. THIS POSITION INCLUDES A FULL-BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING INSURANCE BENEFITS, PAID TIME OFF, 401K, AND MORE- ALL OF WHICH BEGIN ON YOUR FIRST DAY OF EMPLOYMENT.
As an SCA employee, this position works on-site at the CORE Institute Specialty Hospital. THE CORE INSTITUTE SPECIALTY HOSPITAL IS A JOINT COMMISSION ACCREDITED SURGICAL HOSPITAL SPECIALIZING IN SPINE AND ORTHOPEDIC SURGICAL PROCEDURES. We offer evidence-based approaches to medical care and integrated orthopedic service lines to improve the experience for patients in the local community. As consumers, employers and third party payers look for higher value options in the delivery of surgical services, The CORE Institute Specialty Hospital offers a unique setting for patients to receive high-end, specialty specific, quality care - validated through The CORE Institute's well-proven improved surgical outcomes. We consistently achieve superior outcomes by placing the patient's care at the center of everything we do.
SURGICAL TECH RESPONSIBILITIES:
* ABLE TO SCRUB A VARIETY OF ORTHOPAEDIC CASES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, TOTAL JOINT REPLACEMENT, TOTAL JOINT REVISION, SPINE PROCEDURES, AND SPORTS MEDICINE. ABLE TO PRACTICE AND ENFORCE PROPER ASEPTIC TECHNIQUE IN AN OPERATING ROOM / OR ENVIRONMENT.
* Delivers safe patient care as directed by the Registered Nurse and according to facility policy and procedure.
* Checks supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedure, and prepares for scheduled future cases by obtaining, supplies and equipment and placing on case cart.
* Scrubs, gowns and gloves prior to surgical procedure per hospital policy, and gowns and gloves surgeon and assistants for procedure.
* Sets up sterile table with instruments, supplies, equipment, and medications/solutions needed for procedure and opens sterile supplies.
* Helps in draping sterile field.
* Passes instruments, etc., to surgeon during procedure and anticipates what will be needed.
* Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during procedure.
* Prepares sterile dressings.
* Assists with housekeeping tasks as necessary to provide a safe environment for patients, teammates, physicians, guests.
* Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization.
* Assists other members of team with terminal cleaning of room.
* Assists in prepping room for the next patient.
* Properly handles and cares for specimens.
* Performs appropriate counts with circulator prior to the operation and before incision is closed. Participates in procedural checks, time out, and surgical site identification according to hospital policy and procedure, and must demonstrate current competencies for job position. Assumes other related responsibilities as required and assigned.
* 40hours per week (full benefits package included).
* 10 hour days/4 days per week. 6am-4:30pm, late shift two days per week (possible as late at 7pm), occasional mandatory Saturdays with advance notice.
* Shift premiums for late hours (after 6pm) apply and over-time pay for hours worked over 40. Schedules provided usually several weeks in advance.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)
* Minimum two years of experience working as a Surgical Tech
* THREE OR MORE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AS AN OPERATING ROOM (OR) SURGICAL TECH PREFERRED
* IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN ORTHOPEDIC INCLUDING SPORTS MEDICINE AND/OR TOTAL JOINTS, TOTAL HIPS, TOTAL KNEES, TOTAL SHOULDER, TOTAL ANKLES, PODIATRY, JOINT REVISIONS, HANDS. Additional experience in major and minor spine is very helpful, but not required.
* Demonstrates appropriate knowledge and competencies necessary to make appropriate clinical decisions
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment
* Diploma, certificate, or Associate's Degree in Surgical Technology from an accredited school
* CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (CST) CERTIFICATION STRONGLY PREFERRED