Surgical Tech - Surgery
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSt. Francis Health is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health and hope to our patients.
* Topeka, Kans. (estab. 1909)
* A tertiary care facility serving 12 counties in northeast Kansas
* 1,660 associates and 297 medical staff
* 378 beds
* 20 regional clinics
* Comprehensive Cancer Center
* Emergency Department
* General & Bariatric Surgery
* Heart & Vascular Center
* Joint & Spine Centers
* Rehabilitation Services
* Womens Services
Our multispecialty care community works together to pioneer inspired, innovative care in our mission to improve the health and lives of those we serve.
This position assists the surgical team by acting as the primary scrub person who handles the instruments, supplies and equipment during surgical procedures. Maintains constant vigilance for the maintenance of the sterile field.
* Checks supplies/instrumentation and equipment needed for surgical procedures and ensures they are working properly.
* Opens sterile supplies and sets up the table for each surgical procedure.
* Provides a sterile field for surgical procedures. Ensures that the members of the surgical team are properly attired and assists the surgeon with draping the patient to isolate the operative site.
* Assists in the maintenance of the sterile field by applying principles of aseptic techniques and informing the surgeon/surgical team of infractions.
* Passes instruments and supplies to the surgeon.
* Counts sponges and sharps with the RN prior to the surgery and before the incision is closed.
* Cleans and prepares the instruments for sterilization.
* Assists in the maintenance of specialty surgical services.
* Prepares the sterile dressing for the patients incision.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
* High School diploma or equivalent, required
* Successful completion of an accredited Operating Room/Surgical Tech program, required
* Current certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist, required
* Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
* Two years of surgical tech experience, preferred