Surplus Lines Coordinator-Tax Administrator (4778)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
Alliant Insurance Services
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY With a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
Responsible for assisting with the preparation, reporting and all other aspects of Surplus Lines filings for the company in all 50 states. Ensures that proper tax payments are made on time and in accordance with state guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Generates and reviews weekly insurance company payables reports;
* Ensures surplus lines taxes and fees are billed correctly in agency management systems and that proper policy documentation has been received from Sales staff;
* Reconciles and corrects discrepancies between the report and the documentation received;
* Requests and processes checks or other forms of payment for the applicable fees;
* Ensures that payment of fees and supporting documentation is sent to the appropriate state agency or Surplus Lines Association according to monthly, quarterly, semi-annual or annual due dates;
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Associate s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
2 - 4 years related work experience; Surplus Lines filing experience and Insurance Payables experience preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Strong customer service skills
Ability to organize and prioritize workload
Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and non-accounting employees
Ability to work within a team and to foster teamwork
Proficient in Microsoft Office products
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.