- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Survey Instrument Person
Century Engineering - Dover, DE Office
Century Engineering is currently looking for an experienced Survey Instrument Person to perform a variety of tasks associated with land surveying and civil engineering in our Dover Delaware office. Applicant must be responsible, highly motivated, and a detail oriented individual interested in joining our Land Surveying department working in the Delmarva region as well as New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Applicant must be able to work as a support member of a survey crew performing boundary, topographic, right-of way, transportation, and construction surveys. Preference will be given to those with heavy highway construction experience. Experience with Carlson Surv CE data collection, TopSurv data collection and Topcon Millimeter GPS a plus.
* A minimum of 2 years of experience as an Instrument Person.
* Ability to perform detailed data collection for Topographic surveys sufficient for engineering design.
* Perform large scale construction stakeout.
* Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
* Must be able to pass background checks necessary to gain access to military installations.
* Must be able to work in inclement weather.
* Must be able and willing to travel.
* Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential requirements.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions as long as the candidate is able to meet the physical demand requirements listed below.
Ability to deal effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without lost time or undue strain. Frequently required to sit, walk and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee may be asked to walk on uneven surfaces, lift and carry heavy loads; use brush cutting equipment, climb stairs. Must be physically able to work long hours and carry heavy loads, including: lift and carry up to 50 pounds; hike up and down slopes carrying up to 50 pounds of survey equipment; must be able to work in inclement weather environment.
Century offers an excellent benefits program, 401k, paid holidays/vacation and an outstanding work environment.