Survey Party Chief
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
Aerial Cartographics of America, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only, and is not a comprehensive listing of all the duties and responsibilities performed.
• Serves as a lead to staff to include assigning and monitoring work, and providing direction in performing various land survey operations
• Leads and participates in a variety of land survey operations such as boundary, topography, leveling, design, as-built, and maintaining horizontal and vertical control networks utilizing a full range of survey equipment
• Prepares and verifies mathematical calculations related to surveying and basic engineering; computes and adjusts angles, distances, bearings, traverses, and elevations; interprets and computes field data, and evaluates for accuracy and completeness; maintains accurate survey- and non-survey-related records in the form of field notes, reports, and sketches; maintains vertical and horizontal control notes in files, field book, and computer
• Conducts project research, secures equipment, uses safety techniques, performs the survey operation, handles the equipment, records data, and performs other associated duties for the purpose of delivering a successful project
• Prepares and maintains a variety of records, logs, diaries, and/or other related documentation
• Analyzes record data, deeds, and plats for property and boundary control
• Answers questions and provides information to the public concerning surveying activities
• Tracks and maintains survey supplies such as stakes and marking equipment; ensures safety devices are present and in use as appropriate; may place traffic control devices and/or direct traffic
• Maintains regular attendance and punctuality
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
• Reduction of raw field data
• GPS Equipment
• Using a computer and related software applications
Qualified candidate must have a valid driver’s license and retain a clean motor vehicle report (MVR) for final consideration.
Ability to read and understand plans and direction given in the English language
Ability to write in English
Basic computer skills
Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Word documents
Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Excel documents
Ability to create and or edit Microsoft Exchange emails with attachments
Possess the ability to stand on your feet for approximately 3 hours minimum a day up to 8 hours a day.
Possess the ability to traverse a construction job site consisting of uneven ground varying in height and consistency of material Variation of elevation 12” or less (mud, gravel, rutted ground etc.)
ACA offers excellent benefits, including a 401k plan, ESOP, medical/dental/visions plans, and vacation/sick/personal time and more.
ACA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K / Retirement Plan
- Sick Leave
- Vision Insurance
Additional BenefitsCollege Savings
Long/Short term disability insurance