This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Plan, organize, execute, and coordinate surveying services on assigned projects
* Oversee and accomplish surveys of projects assigned
* Maintain a good working knowledge of survey procedures, quality control, and legal principles
* Coordinate field survey projects for natural gas pipeline projects, including setting up crews
* Collect, post-process, and resolve field data for property line surveys, existing conditions surveys, and wetland location surveys
* Supervise field and office survey personnel
* Recruit field personnel as needed
* Assist in the preparation of survey proposals and project schedules, and review field work budgets
* Have a working contact with clients and contractors
* Utilize creativity, foresight, and judgment in anticipating and solving technical problems.
Candidate Specification The ideal candidate will possess the following:
* Bachelor s degree in Land Surveying or a related program is preferred
* PLS license or SIT certification is strongly preferred
* 5 10 years field surveying experience
* Experience in the oil or gas industry is preferred
* Experience in coordinating field survey projects, including setting up crews and equipment
* Experience in collecting, post-processing, and resolving field survey data
* Experience in both conventional and GPS survey and data processing
* Experience in sub-meter and sub-centimeter GPS planning and processing
* Thorough working knowledge of robotic total station, data collector, and GPS with the ability to adapt to new equipment and technologies
* Strong knowledge of land surveying procedures
* Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and /or Carlson, Trimble Business Center, and Excel
* Strong oral and written communication, interpersonal, and coordination skills..