Sustaining Engineer - Greenville, SC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2014 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Hubbell Lighting, headquartered in Greenville, SC, is a core business platform of Hubbell Incorporated. The platform supplies a comprehensive range of indoor and outdoor lighting products to industrial, commercial and institutional applications and is the largest manufacturer of residential lighting fixtures in North America.
This Hubbell Lighting Sustaining Engineer will be a member of the Engineering Services team within the Operations Engineering group responsible for standard LED components including LEDs, Boards, Optics, Drivers and Surge Suppressors. This position will be responsible for creating and maintaining a system for NPD Engineers to easily identify and obtain all necessary information on these components. They will also be responsible for the timely qualification of new components at the request of SSL or NPD engineers to fill gaps where no qualified components are available or second sources are required.
* Coordinate qualification of new components in assigned categories working with Sourcing, Quality, and Lab Services.
* Track status of components in qualification and provide visibility of the status to all platform engineers.
* Maintain all SAP and documentation (BOMs, Drawings, DIRs) for assigned components
* Develop and maintain process for engineering teams to identify and reference qualified components and related documentation such as vendor datasheets and qualification reports.
* Interact with the test lab and incorporate their test results into qualification documentation for components
* Support product/process change activities relating to assigned components in coordination with and direction from Brand Sustaining Engineering.
* Provide component support as requested to engineers throughout the platform.
* Degree preferred but will look at 3-5 years\' experience in SolidEdge, Autocad etc .
* Knowledge and general understanding of LED components such as LEDs, PCBs, Optics, Drivers and Surge Suppressors.
* Electronics / Electrical Component Experience highly desired.
* SAP Experience (specifically Material Masters, BOMs and DIRs) highly desired
* Knowledge of materials, methods, techniques, practices, tools, equipment, and processes required to efficiently execute tasks in manufacturing
* Ability to lead projects and collaborate with individuals across multiple locations, functions and levels within the organization.
* Ability to communicate effectively.(Bilingual English/Spanish a plus)
* Effectively employs tools including office (MS-office), Engineering (Solid Edge and/or CAD)
* 10% travel may be required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.