Sustaining Software Engineer 9/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY We believe that we are in the midst of a massive shift in how marketers identify and reach with consumers; with the abundance of "big data" and advancements in machine learning there are more possibilities than ever to target communications and advertisements to specific segments of consumers.
At Jornaya, we believe in using innovative technology and data that empowers companies to connect with their customers and prospects at the right time and in the most meaningful way. At the end of the day, marketers want to reach consumers who actually want what they have - this is good for both marketers and the consumer.
We take pride in helping our customers understand and apply our solutions and data to improve their digital marketing strategies in new and creative ways. When our customers win, we win.
We got our start in 2011 by providing a solution that enables companies to evaluate the quality of online leads by witnessing the lifecycle of each lead. Since then, we've established a robust network of websites that provides us a unique view into hundreds of millions of online consumer events each month, and are leveraging this to deliver the surest signals of a consumer's intent and where they are in a buying journey.
As a testament to our beliefs and approach, we've enjoyed 19 consecutive quarters of growth, are backed by top-notch investors, and are looking to expand our team to continue fulfilling our mission to help marketers make the best decision on every intent-driven consumer interaction.
If this sounds like something that you want to be part of, read on!
WHY DO WE NEED A SUSTAINING SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Jornaya is growing and we need a Sustaining Software Engineer for solving complex and interesting problems using a variety of tools and development skills with a focus on writing high-quality, maintainable code to solve our business problems.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
* In this role, the majority of your time will be spent providing solutions to field-reported software defects and customer-requested enhancements through debugging and troubleshooting complex technical challenges.
* You will also participate in the design, implementation and documentation of software enhancements to increase reliability and improve performance. This includes participation in design and code reviews.
* You will work as part of the Software Engineering team and closely with the Support team to identify the root causes for field-reported issues, resolve implementation issues and prepare analysis reports for communication to customers.
* This role will look to you for identifying overall defect trends and software components and applications for re-factoring.
ATTRIBUTES WE'RE LOOKING FOR IN YOU
* A desire to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues within existing source code.
* A demonstrated ability to learn new languages, tools and coding styles with a drive to continuously keep up to date with new technologies.
* You are team oriented and demonstrate that you can work effectively and collaboratively with a great group of career oriented Engineers.
* Other nice to have skills are: OO Design, knowledge of functional programming, mobile development, security, database/data warehouse design.
Please note, employment is contingent upon a successful background check.