Swine Farm Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Clemens Food Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
At Country View Family Farms, we are a family owned company with relationships throughout the state of Pennsylvania and its neighboring states. We pride ourselves in raising healthy pigs to make quality pork for our families and yours. Spend some time on our site getting to know our company and how we provide safe, wholesome food for our friends and neighbors every day.
Country View Family Farms a subsidiary of Clemens Food Group.
A Hog Farm Barn technician provides care for the sows and piglet on a sow farm.
Position responsibilities for Breeding Technician
1. Daily monitors and evaluates sow health and condition in breeding/gestation areas.
2. Heat check and artificially breed and monitor sow pregnancy status, following established protocols for CVFF.
3. Maintain accurate records and submit them in a timely manner to the supervisor.
4. Ensure proper feeding processes are followed and schedules maintained.
5. Ensure that the farm's work environment is safe by providing safety equipment, training and actions to prevent hazardous conditions.
6. Monitor and maintain thermal environment for sows.
7. Perform routine maintenance and pressure washing as needed.
8. Following approved SOP guidelines, feed and water daily.
9. Assist in moving sows and boars as directed by Supervisor.
10. Assist farrowing when needed following farrowing job description guidelines.
11. Follow animal welfare policies and procedures including: providing a physical environment that meets the animals needs; provide access to adequate water and high-quality feed; provide humane treatment of the animals; provide identification and appropriate treatment of the animals in need of health care; and follow the guidelines for euthanasia.
Position responsibilities for Farrowing Technician
1. Daily monitor and evaluate sow health and condition in farrowing areas.
2. Record deaths and births daily on sow cards provided and submit them in a timely manner.
3. Process litters daily. Processing includes but not limited to castration, iron shots, teeth clipping and tail clipping.
4. Assist sows when having farrowing difficulties. Medicate sows when needed -- following predetermined protocol.
5. Ensure proper feeding processes are followed and schedules maintained.
6. Ensure that the farm's work environment is safe by providing safety equipment, training and actions to prevent hazardous condition.
7. Monitor and maintain thermal environment for sows and piglets.
8. Perform routine maintenance and pressure washing as needed.
9. Following approved SOP guidelines, feed and water daily.
10. Assist in moving sows and boars as directed by Supervisor.
11. Aid in breeding and gestation when needed following breeding and gestation job description guidelines.
12. Follow animal welfare policies and procedures including: providing a physical environment that meets the animals needs; provide access to adequate water and high-quality feed; provide humane treatment of the animals; provide identification and appropriate treatment of the animals in need of health care; and follow the guidelines for euthanasia.
We are hiring Barn Technicians (Breed Tech and Farrowing Tech) in multiple farm locations.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS:
* No experience necessary.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Must be willing to learn to understand animal behaviors.
* Must be able to tolerate and willing to learn and perform the following tasks: euthanasia, artificial insemination, vaccinations, piglet processing, ear tagging, tattooing, pressure washing other procedures normal to animal husbandry.
* Must be able to tolerate blood, animal dander, manure, dust, odors, and frequently noisy conditions.
* This position requires one who is multi-task oriented and a team player.
* Ability to read, write and speak simple sentences in English.
* Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Must understand that the Company is a producer of high quality pork and be supportive of the mission of raising swine for meat.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
* Must be available full time Monday to Friday, with some weekend and holidays work will be required.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Additional BenefitsFull service, 24/7, gym on site in our Hatfield, PA office location. Gym includes full-size basketball court, weight and exercise machines, fitness instructors and classes throughout the day.
Onsite cafeteria and company store for purchases at a discounted price.
Wellness Program with activities through the year to promote physical and mental well-being.
Annual Company picnic and celebration events for Team Member recognition.
Discounts with area businesses.