This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
KAPLAN EARLY LEARNING COMPANY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Kaplan Early Learning Company - A leader in the distribution of early childhood and elementary school products.
We seek to hire a Switchboard Operators/Receptionist at our corporate office in Lewisville, North Carolina. Job Hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm / Monday - Friday
For over 40 years, Kaplan Early Learning Company has been a leading provider of educational products and services that enhance children's learning in the birth through elementary market.
We bring to market innovative curricula, cutting edge assessments, teacher resource materials, classroom products and valuable professional development opportunities to early childhood and elementary school educators, caregivers and parents around the world.
When you join our organization, you'll be part of a dynamic team. It's often said when you join the Kaplan team you never want to leave - so prepare yourself to partner with a passionate staff who celebrates an average tenure of 15 plus years!
About the Position
Our Switchboard Operator/Receptionist will manage switchboard operations and reception area with a high level of customer service and professionalism while providing administrative support. Position Responsibilities Include:
* Manage high volume, incoming, multi-line switchboard. Provide a professional and polite, customer-focused presence both in person and over the telephone for Kaplan Early Learning Company. Assist callers and transfer to appropriate department or staff member.
* Perform diverse clerical functions for various departments as needed.
* Greet visitors entering building, determine nature and purpose of visit, and announce visitors to appropriate staff member. Ensure adherence to all policies/procedures as it relates to visitors and building security, including visitor sign-in and issuance of visitor badge.
Position Requirements Include:
* Associates degree preferred (not required) with a minimum of two years experience in an administrative support role preferred.
* Customer oriented with good interpersonal skills and excellent telephone etiquette.
* Must maintain professional attire and demeanor in every situation.
* Good computer skills with basic Word, Excel, and Microsoft Office experience required.
* Effective listening skills with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to work accurately and possess strong attention to detail.
* Ability to demonstrate the highest level of ethical behavior, exhibit discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
* Must be a cooperative and supportive team player.
* Ability to communicate, comprehend and perform tasks from written and/or verbal instructions.
Interested and qualified candidates may apply onlnie at www.kaplanco.com. Please include your desired hourly pay rate.
Kaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace differences, welcome diversity and value a culture of respect.