This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
Looking for a rewarding and challenging career with a dynamic, growing organization? Phacil is your answer. We have an immediate need for a Sybase DBA to support an important government customer in Arlington, VA.
Clearance Level (Required to Start) - Public Trust
The Principal DBA position is responsible for database operations related to planning, design techniques, implementation and support. The position will be responsible for relational database concepts, data modeling tools, ETL best practices, replication, backup/recovery strategies, capacity planning, security and performance tuning. This position requires an excellent team player who plays a key role in daily project and operational activities in a 24x7 environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Database Administration and Modeling:
* Provides highly technical expertise in data administration support of the development and maintenance of production and non-production database environments
* Provides technical knowledge and direction in the development of database physical design and reviews to determine feasibility of proposed solutions
* Participate in customer/project meeting(s) for highly complex project definition, needs assessment and design review. Evaluates the needs and requirements of the users and provides technical expertise in the development of technical, structural and organizational specifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Expertise in underlying database architecture - database objects, file system structure, tables, views, procedures, functions, triggers, sequences, indexes, and constraints
* Experience with architecture design concepts and techniques and the ability to communicate and evangelize those concepts to a broad based team
* Ability to install and perform application upgrades
* Expertise in setting and evaluating Sybase configuration parameters
* Ability to analyze Sybase ASE performance related data
* Strong working knowledge of programming tools and data migration techniques
* Able to develop processes using UNIX/ Linux, Shell programming
Demonstrated experience with Sybase RDBMS technology stack (ASE, REP, etc), systems management tools and implementing new features and functionality, performance tuning, planning and executing database and replication server upgrades, applying EBF/SR patches, disaster recovery planning and testing
* Ability to manage own schedule and work independently with limited supervision
* Motivated and committed to excellence
* Ability to make trade-off decisions that balance product quality, time-to-market and functionality
* Possess strong organizational and time management skills and flexibility to manage multiple business priorities and tasks across multiple projects
* 10+ years of Sybase Database administration experience, required
* Experience in a Sybase ASE 15.7 and/or 16.0, required
* 4 year degree in IT related course of study
* 10 + years of Unix scripting is preferred
* Sybase, Warehousing, Modeling nice to have
Degree Required/Equivalent Experience w/o degree: Bachelor's with 8 - 10 yrs of experience, or a Master's with 6 - 8 yrs of experience
Phacil is a leading provider of mission-focused, results-driven technology solutions to the federal government. We continually demonstrate Commitment to our customers, Excellence in performance, and Service to the nation. Customers trust Phacil to solve their most complex challenges by delivering uniquely-tailored technology solutions that maximize value and mission success.
Phacil offers a diverse range of technology services, including Software Services, Systems Engineering/Integration and Operations (SEI&O), Cyber Security and Service Desk. Our team of nearly 900 energetic, highly-skilled professionals support customers across the country and abroad.
Phacil continually strives for performance excellence as evidenced by corporate certifications, such as ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013, performing certified ISO/IEC 20000-1:2011 and CMMI Maturity Level 3 (for both Development and Services) work on contracts. Phacil has won numerous awards, including rankings on Washington Business Journal's Top Government Technology Contractors, CRN Solution Provider 500, and Tech Council of MD's Contracting Firm of the Year, to name a few.