Sybase Database Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSybase Database Administrator
Job Id: 44140
From our Dallas corporate headquarters to our clinics and onsite locations, Concentra colleagues remain focused on our driving purpose: to provide superb patient and employer experience by delivering the highest quality healthcare in an efficient, affordable, caring manner. We do this by putting all customers (internal and external) first and by displaying:
* A healing focus
* A selfless heart
* A tireless resolve
The Database Administrator will be responsible for the management and maintenance of large-scale Sybase database environments under general direction from senior database personnel. This individual also assists in the design and implementation of database systems and in providing guidance on the selection of appropriate database software. This individual must have strong working knowledge of database management and programming techniques and is expected to work with little supervision.
This position is located in Addison, TX at the corporate headquarters.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
While working in a team environment, activities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Install database server software.
* Upgrade database server software.
* Sybase DBA supporting Sybase ASE 15.0.3 and Sybase Replication 12.6 and 15.6
* Patching, Maintenance, Code Promotions, Performance & Tuning.
* Assume ownership of problems, root cause analysis and resolution.
* After hours on call support.
* Database security setup.
* Storage management and capacity planning.
* Query optimization
* Manage database backups
* Bachelor Degree in computer field or equivalent experience
JOB RELEVENT EXPERIENCE:
* 5 years Sybase ASE 15.0.3 or above
* 5 years Sybase Replication Server 12.6 or 15.6
* Thorough knowledge of SQL/T-SQL
* Unix shell scripting
* Preferred to have SQL Server 2008R2, 2012 or 2014 Experience
* Preferred to have Oracle 11G Experience
DEMONSTRATED BASIC JOB-RELATED SKILLS/ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES:
* Self-motivated; Must be results-driven, passionate and willing to learn and adapt in a fast-paced environment
* Strong analytical skills required; must be able to think critically through problems/requests and have a value-add mentality
* Ability to collaborate and communicate with others with clear objectives
* Detail oriented; Strong attention to detail and sensitivity to timelines/deadlines.
* Excellent communication skills as you will be working directly with business users. Strong verbal and written communication skills; and good listening skills are required.
* Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
* Demonstrating welcoming, respectful and skillful behaviors
* Office environment
All applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, or covered veteran status