Sybase IQ DBA 8/20/2016
Newport Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION:
Client database team is looking for a SAP/Sybase IQ expert, to work in a fast paced environment, providing both production able to build consensus and work closely with fellow DBA's.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent.
* Provide production support, solutions and expertise for SAP IQ.
* Ability to support SAP ASE, Microsoft SQL Server in a backup capacity.
* Ability to troubleshoot difficult production issues quickly.
* Work closely with various development teams across the firm to ensure proper use of Oracle features, best practices, and adherence to CLIENT database standards.
* Train and mentor developers in methodology and best practices.
* Participate in the DBA team on call rotation.
* Tune complex SQL proactively & reactively as required. Be able to rewrite SQL queries where necessary.
* Design, implement, and maintain capacity planning for Client database systems.
* Perform Database Upgrades as required.
* Help design, maintain, improve and implement monitoring tools.
* Handle your share of DBA tickets, user requests, routine support and maintenance.
* Ability to work off hours / weekends as required.