Synthetic Chemist, PhD.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 3/10/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
The Synthetic Chemist will be responsible for :
* Develop novel materials for use in firefighting agent applications
* Bring materials from ideation through to production
* Collaborate with agent formulation team and external customers to optimize performance of new materials in targeted application
* Collaborate globally with testing of new materials and development of new methods
* Collaborate with various groups to improve existing materials quality and production yield
* Generation of novel materials for the fire fighting industry
* Plan, develop and document projects and testing plans
* Collaborate with other groups and global sites for execution of project plans
* Scale up of synthetic route from lab to pilot to full scale manufacturing
#external THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
MS with 2-3years experience, BS with 10 experience
Strong synthetic chemical background, POLYMER CHEMISTRY, SURFACTANTS CHEMISTRY OR RELATED STRONGLY DESIRED
Ability to work independently, as well as with a global team
Ability to instruct and supervise technicians, use technicians effectively
Must be capable of handling several projects at once
Must have hands on experience, creative thinking, and good analytical skills
Strong written and verbal communication
Fluorochemical background beneficial
Some travel required
** applicants must be US citizens**