System Admin - Intermediate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Exeter Government Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONExeter is looking for a SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR for a position supporting United States Southern Command at Soto Cano Airbase, Honduras. Relocation and shipment of household goods (accompanied with dependents or unaccompanied), housing allowance, and access to government facilities/services are included; complete details of allowances and benefits will be provided to qualified applicants. This is a long term opportunity - assignment is for a minimum of one year due to relocation costs; employees have the ability to remain for 6+ years. Upward mobility to more senior positions is possible, including relocation to other positions within Southern Command after 1 year. The duties of the position are as follows:
* Responsible for day-to-day administration, coordination and operations of IT infrastructure systems with regard to data center patch management process.
* Responsible for design, configuration, testing, deployment and ongoing operational support of the patch management process.
* Coordinate patch management activities for IT data center environments, including patch management for server environments, server infrastructure and related patching requirements.
* Deploy/QA patches and create deployment schedules on a quarterly basis as well as auditing for completeness.
* Review and vet security and other patches for use in the production environment.
* Create a sustainable, repeatable patch management procedure that adheres to company policy.
* Ensure change management requirements are met, including the coordination of testing.
* Stay informed regarding advances in patch management technologies.
* Assist in implementation of new technologies and processes.
* Report on patch management status in IT staff meetings.
* Manage, participate and complete tasks on-time with infrastructure projects.
* Participate in infrastructure support as needed.
* Document system configurations
* U.S. Citizenship with a current Active Secret Clearance and the ability to obtain a Top Secret/ SCI - NO EXCEPTIONS.
* Bachelor s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field; OR - 5 Years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
* TWO current technical certifications as outlined below NO EXCEPTIONS. Candidates should submit copies of certifications with their resumes.
* Willingness to remain in position for a minimum of one year due to international relocation costs.
* 2 years of experience in IT infrastructure administration and support.
* 2 years of experience with Microsoft Active Directory.
* 2 years of experience in current IT Department technologies.
Must meet DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical IAT Level II (IAT-II) certification requirements - CompTIA Security+ CE, or any of the other DoD approved IAT II baseline certifications listed at this link: http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx
ADDITIONALLY, Must have a current/valid technically relevant Computing Environment certification. Microsoft certifications must be within one generation of current technology (i.e. Windows Server 2008 or higher)
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), or
* Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP), or
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).