System Admin - Intermediate 8/17/2016
Exeter Government Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Exeter is looking for a SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR for a position supporting United States Southern Command HQ in Doral, FL (Miami area). This is a long term opportunity; employees have the ability to remain on contract for 6+ years. Paid relocation to Doral is not available; candidates must be local or willing to relocate at their own expense. Upward mobility to more senior positions is possible based on qualifications and performance. The duties of the position are as follows:
* Perform IT system administration in DoD Windows Server 2008/2012 environments.
* Responsible for day-to-day administration, coordination and operations of IT infrastructure systems with regard to data center patch management process.
* Responsible for design, configuration, testing, deployment and ongoing operational support of the patch management process.
* Coordinate patch management activities for IT data center environments, including patch management for server environments, server infrastructure and related patching requirements.
* Deploy/QA patches and create deployment schedules on a quarterly basis as well as auditing for completeness.
* Review and vet security and other patches for use in the production environment.
* Create a sustainable, repeatable patch management procedure that adheres to company policy.
* Ensure change management requirements are met, including the coordination of testing.
* Stay informed regarding advances in patch management technologies.
* Assist in implementation of new technologies and processes.
* Report on patch management status in IT staff meetings.
* Manage, participate and complete tasks on-time with infrastructure projects.
* Participate in infrastructure support as needed.
* Document system configurations
* U.S. Citizenship with a current Active Secret or higher Security Clearance - NO EXCEPTIONS.
* Bachelor s Degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field; OR - 5 Years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
* TWO current technical certifications as outlined below NO EXCEPTIONS. Candidates should submit copies of certifications with their resumes.
* Previous SOUTHCOM IT experience
* 5+ years of System Administration Experience
* Military veterans highly desired
Must meet DoD 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technical IAT Level II (IAT-II) certification requirements - CompTIA Security+ CE, or any of the other DoD approved IAT II baseline certifications listed at this link: http://iase.disa.mil/iawip/Pages/iabaseline.aspx
ADDITIONALLY, Must have a current/valid technically relevant Computing Environment certification. Microsoft certifications must be within one generation of current technology (i.e. Windows Server 2008 or higher)
* Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) in Windows Server
* OR higher server certification MCSA, MCSE, MCTS, MCITP in Windows Server.