This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 3/9/2017
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD
US Citizenship and the ability to maintain a DoD security clearance required.
Responsible for installation, configuration, administration, support and maintenance of systems, including associated hardware. Duties may include updating to new systems, as well as support on current systems by tuning performance, allocating storage space, and implementing critical system patches. Provide on-site daily environment operations support for current and future software releases. Provide on-site technical support to the program, including but not limited to backups, user account management, hardware/software upgrades and hardware maintenance. Operate and maintain software environment (various hardware, and COTS and/or custom software) and report software application metrics on a monthly basis. Maintain detail configuration information and other records of all hardware and software installations. Generate performance reports, (i.e.: system, software, network, infrastructure utilization). Develop custom SQL and PowerShell scripts, installation and configuration, data integration activities, etc. Perform infrastructure (network, software, and storage) installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting. Install and configure new software versions, databases, and COTS environment application and tools. Perform configuration management activities. Participate in CCBs and advise on the technology impacts of all proposed changes, and software and hardware requirements. Application and database tuning and performance monitoring. Setup and maintain documentation and standards. Plan growth and changes (capacity planning). When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query changes. Provide application integration support in determining the best way to integrate third-part and custom applications. Other duties as required.
* Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance.
* BS degree and 2 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
* Experience with Microsoft Server OS and client, Linux (Red Hat, Ubuntu, CentOS), Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, VMware, DBMS, etc. System virtualization support using Hyper-V and VMware.
* Experience with Network and storage administration firewall (SSL Clientless VPN, IPS, etc.) and switch hardware; Storage hardware.
* Experience provisioning and managing user accounts and permissions across a variety of software applications and systems.
* Ability to modify or create scripts.
* Ability to multi-task work as part of a dedicated team.
* Excellent technical, communication (written & oral) and time management skills.
* Comprehensive knowledge of basic computer hardware and software fundamentals.
* Ability to actively participate in the development of software and hardware testing, database migration, integration, and implementation plans for various state and local government agencies.
* Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
* Good verbal and written skills.
* Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
* Experience managing Amazon Web Services.
* Experience managing Android-based devices.
* Experience with AFATDS, Army Common Operating Environment (COE) or other PM MC systems.
AASKI provides an excellent package of comprehensive benefits for full-time employees beginning the first day of employment.
* Medical, Dental and Vision insurance.
* 10 Paid Holidays; 3 weeks Paid Time Off.
* 401k Retirement Plan with employer match.
* Life Insurance and AD&D; Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance and AD&D.
* Long and Short Term Disability.
* Flexible Spending Account.
* Discounted Legal Service, Income Protection, Discounted Home & Auto.
Experience working in a CMMI Level 3 project/business environment a plus for all open positions. US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Security clearance required. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Solicitations/Advertisements for Employees shall state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their veteran status or on the basis of disability. All employees of the Company are employed At Will. This means that either the employee or the Company is free to end the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause and with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
Solicitations/Advertisements for Employees shall state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their veteran status or on the basis of disability.