This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Edwards Afb, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONSystem Administrator
Education & Experience
BS Degree & minimum 6 years of experience or equivalent.
Day-to-day work includes: Perform System Administration functions such as user account maintenance, application and OS patches and updates, antivirus updates, security/event log review and analysis, network documentation, backup operations, hardware issue escalation, user training, and user support on Linux systems. Install, configure, audit, manage and troubleshoot servers, PCs and other hardware systems and associated software as necessary. Apply networking and security knowledge to assist in buildup of the network(s). Support Windows applications and workstation clients, database applications, and other such user applications installed on the network and computer systems
- Knowledgeable regarding compliance requirements including military, contractor and civilian rules, regulations and protocols governing information management techniques and methodologies and documentation.
- Possess knowledge in the following areas: Image from PXE server/baseline OS loading and configuration; CAT5/6 infrastructure, punch downs on wall jacks and patch panels. T-568 A/B standards; Domain object administration using Active Directory or DRA; Print Server maintenance/client printer setup; Window configuration/local group policy editor, AD group policy editor plus; Software licensing requirements and ability to track/maintain software license and installation records.
- Ensure compliance with operations and security policies while keeping systems viable and available for authorized users
- Must be knowledgeable in PC, server and peripheral hardware systems installation, configuration, and troubleshooting, auditing.
- Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and implementation.
- Skills must include client and server software installation, configuration, administration and troubleshooting.
- Must have working knowledge of TCP/IP Protocols and network/Internet connectivity, including subnetting, switch configuration, etc.
Position is in high visibility area with little direct supervision. Requires mature, self-starting individual with excellent communication and organizational skills, who is also detail oriented. Candidate must possess good interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and within structured guidelines. Some lifting of up to 50 lbs. will be required. Candidate must have the ability to use Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. as necessary to create reports for customers and task lead. Secret security clearance with ability to acquire top secret. img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://unisys.contacthr.com/50668983.jpg /