System Administrator II
* 8 + years of prior advanced Systems Administration
* 8+ years in a LAN or WAN environment familiar with TCP/IP, Ethernet
* 8+ years of experience in Windows Server (2003, 2008) design, administration, installation and support
* 5+ years of experience with VMware 4.x and 5.x
* 5+ years of experience with enterprise storage solutions
* Ability to program in an administrative language (e.g., Perl, Python, VBScript, Windows PowerShell)
* 5+ years of experience with SQL technologies
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to write proposals or papers, act as a vendor liaison, make presentations to customers or client audiences or professional peers, and work closely with upper management.
* Familiarity with the principles and practice of system configuration management; experience using a declarative configuration management system and a broad understanding of the role of desired configuration as part of strategic organizational knowledge
* Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
* Ability to work in a team environment or independently.
* Experience with virtualization design and implementations
* Experience with enterprise IT Security principles
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills
* Excellent organization skills
Preferred Skills and Certifications
* 4 year degree preferred (will consider experience in lieu of degree)
* Extensive programming background in any applicable language
* Works under general direction from senior management
* Establishes/recommends policies on system use and services
* Experience with LINUX/UNIX
* Experience with Citrix products
* Microsoft Desktop and Server OS certification a plus
* Other industry related certifications a plus
Some travel may be required, varies based on project requirements
LogistiCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Senior Systems Administrator is part of a highly visible, projects centric team delivering complex enterprise solutions to a multi-state organization. The ability to think strategically, visualize system relationships and drive multiple projects to successful completion is paramount to this position.
The IT Senior Systems Administrator is required to perform the system analysis and design necessary to install divergent systems and still maintain high levels of performance and up time in an enterprise environment. This includes interaction between complex systems to maintain high security levels and data protection techniques as required in our highly regulated market. The IT Senior Systems Administrator role is also expected to be able to perform many project duties required for enterprise-level projects.
The IT Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the monitoring, maintenance, and repair of all LogistiCare IT Systems. This responsibility includes, but is not limited to, servicing the daily needs of the LogistiCare call centers and regional offices; maintaining the operability and stability of servers used to host applications and services; planning and implementing new systems and services as needed.
In the role of the IT Senior Systems Administrator the employee will be in constant contact with all levels of the LogistiCare organization. At all times the employee is expected to uphold the highest level of customer-service and communication. They must maintain open communication with the customer throughout the completion of any service request or project.
The IT Senior Systems Administrator is expected to, on a rotating schedule, be On-Call , during which the employee is responsible for answering system-down calls on their cell phone. These calls must be taken immediately and treated as IT Emergencies . For any such emergencies that cannot be immediately resolved it is expected that the employee notify the appropriate IT manager(s).
* Recommend, review and implement new technology solutions.
* Be able to design, implement, and troubleshoot Enterprise class solutions.
* Maintain minimum security baseline requirements for all IT systems
* Advanced programming for control systems through scripting.
* Be able to perform Project Management duties on enterprise projects.
* Be able to generate requirements for new services and/or for problem resolution.
* Be able to manage multi-user server and networking devices.
* Maintain customer facing web infrastructure and related services.
* Create and Maintain IT documentation.
* Perform daily IT tasks as assigned.
* Respond to network, server, and application outages. Communicating these outages to management and seek assistance to resolve the problems in a timely manner.
* Provides technical lead and/or supervises system administrators, system programmers, or others of equivalent seniority