System Administrator II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
Scott Afb, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Designated a 2016 Military Friendly® Employer
NCI: As the System Administrator ( System Administrator II ), you will support the critical USTRANSCOM Infrastructure Management (IM) mission, maintaining and supporting windows servers and applications working on site at Scott Air Force Base in Illinois. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission to deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Work both independently and as part of a team
* Document Windows client support training
* Troubleshoot problems reported by users
* Maintain and support Windows servers and applications to ensure compliance with STIGS(Security Technical Implementation Guides) and local guidelines and procedures
* Administer and maintain end user Active Directory accounts, permissions, and access rights.
* Utilize Remedy to maintain and track trouble tickets
* Communicate effectively with non-technical users
* Provide second tier Service Desk support ensuring end-user total desktop functionality
* Provide 24/7 on-call support on a rotating basis
* Perform system backups and recovery
* Bachelor's degree in related field
* 4-9 years of related experience
* Knowledge of Microsoft Windows server 2008 R2
* 1+ years direct experience in supporting Windows 7 clients
* DOD 8570 required (must be CompTIA Security+ certified)
* Ability to obtain/maintain Secret Security Clearance
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Active Secret Security Clearance
* 1+ years of experience with Microsoft server operating environments
* Experience with Microsoft Windows 2008 Active Directory and Microsoft Clustering
* Basic knowledge of VMware, vSphere, ESXI, and vCenter Servers
* Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012
* Experience in Microsoft Windows 2008 Active Directory and Microsoft Clustering
* Remedy experience
* SQL server administration experience
facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://nciinc.contacthr.com/50639322.jpg /