- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
General Summary: The Systems Administrator will be responsible for ensuring the stable operation of both the in-house, business and development environments and our production web applications and SaaS environments. This includes the planning, maintenance, administration and design of our IT and applications infrastructures. Candidate must be skilled with systems administration for both Windows and Linux environments, network management and planning and supporting a development team. The selected candidate must have a very good grasp of Linux and Windows operating systems, networking technologies (including networked storage), systems optimization and consumer facing production environments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintains integrity of production and in-house data centers.
* Manages and assists with all aspects of Data Center work, including server, networking, and working with vendors.
* Data center infrastructure design, installation and maintenance, including specification of products, budget creation, and working with various vendors.
* Maintains VMWare environment and administer our Linux and Windows based application servers.
* Assists in the planning, implementation and maintenance of our disaster recovery infrastructure.
* Support network monitoring devices and make sure alerts are dealt with in a timely manner.
* Monitor environmental conditions of data centers and make recommendations to resolve environmental issues.
* Work on multiple projects and incidents with various priorities.
* Designs, develops and implements systems according to functional and technical design specifications.
* Participates in the software development process including testing and certification of software.
* Participates in daily scrum meetings and working in an agile environment.
* Maintains systems currently used by major corporations and carriers.
* Learns new technologies to keep our environment relevant and our products competitive using modern tools.
* Works closely with various teams including business development, QA, operations, product engineering to design and develop new products.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in production, 3-tiered, customer facing websites. 24/7/365
* Expertise in current computer hardware, infrastructure and software.
* A solid understanding of and prior experience with relational and NoSQL databases.
* Previous experience with DevOps and Agile development methodologies.
* Sound knowledge of Linux and Windows systems administration, along with backup and disaster recovery best practices; VEEAM experience a plus.
* Must have 3+ years of Apache web server administration performance tuning experience, tomcat tuning and proxy experience; HAProxy a plus.
* Must have experience with Cisco networking administration.
* Able to manage various database environments (Postgres, MYSQL, MSSQL, etc)
* Must know security best practices for a 3-tier production installation.
* Able to administer VMWare from VCenter, add virtual machines, monitor space add space and make snapshots.
* Familiar with network administration.
* Must have prior experience and solid working knowledge of Windows, ESXi and VMWare virtualization.
* Demonstrated prior experience with firewalls, iptables, load balancers.
* Sound knowledge in managing/administering DNS, NFS, SSL Certificates.
* Demonstrable work experience implementing public/hybrid clouds on AWS platform using EC2, S3, VPC.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Able to help set technical direction and be a self starter.
* Must be willing to work weekends and after hours as needed. (10%)
Neopost USA's Six Key Behaviors
Neopost USA actively seeks candidates who are:
* Customer Centric
* Team Oriented
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Neopost USA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled