System Administrator - Rancho Cordova, CA - Contractor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
SGS North America
Rancho Cordova, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Description - External
SGS Automotive Services N.A., a division of SGS Group based in Geneva Switzerland, provides commercial and statutory automotive related services to our clients in the US, Canada, and Mexico. SGS Automotive is a vehicle inspection company for the study, development and application of technologies for motor vehicle testing, diagnostics, repair, technician training, and information management. Coupled with developing and managing Inspection and Maintenance programs, SGS also provides a wide range of commercial automotive industry inspection services such as New Car, Off- Lease, certified pre-owned, auction, B2B online, and dealer testing, inspection, and certification services.
The Staff System Administrator provides overall administration of corporate computing hardware assets including the management of the related infrastructure and software for these hardware assets.
This position is located in Rancho Cordova, CA.
* Analyze, diagnose and correct problems related to the hardware and software assets of the company.
* Analyze and recommend both hardware and software requirements for existing and future programs or initiatives of the company.
* Analyzes complex data using a variety of systems administration tools, and prepare reports on system performance, availability and other statistics as identified by management.
* Manages the installations, configuration, operation, backup, recovery and general maintenance of servers, storage, workstations and related infrastructure for the company.
* Develops, reports upon, and manages systems security, including mitigation of issues.
* Documents installation and maintenance of software, devices, and end user devices.
* Manages user account provisioning, maintenance and monitoring.
* Maintains and repairs computer equipment and associated peripherals of the company.
* Monitors system activity using specialized hardware and software to ensure maximum efficiency and minimum downtime. Resolves performance issues or outage conditions.
* Resolves end user and/or customer workstation and software problems as related to company hardware or software.
* Continuously endeavor to learn and improve upon IT related skills via self study, self discovery and/or company sponsored training.
* Participates in rotation on-call duties, including after hours work and weekends, at the direction of the IT Operations Manager.
* Collaborate closely with the other members of the ITOPS staff and the IT Operations Manager on all new and existing company programs and initiatives.
Qualifications - External
Education and Experience Requirement:
* A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years hands-on experience to include technical analysis, systems programming, computer service/repair.
* Experience in telecommunications systems.
* Experience with high and low level computer languages.
* Knowledge of computer network products as demonstrated by work experience or education.
* A Master s degree in Computer Science or related field can substitute for 2 years of required work experience.
* This is a contract position expected to have a duration of one year starting in October 2016.
Desired Certifications and Skills:
* Red hat Linux Certification
* Red Hat Certified Technician (RHCT)
* IBM Certification
* IBM Certified Systems Administrator
* Proficient Level scripting ability (perl, ksh, csh, or equivalent).
* Proficient level ability using Unix command syntax.
* General level ability using Windows command syntax.
* General level ability using and administering networking related protocols and services, including (but not limited to) TCP, UDP, ICMP, FTP, SFTP, SSH, SCP, HTTP, HTTPS, NTP, DNS.
* General level ability to configure and maintain Domain Name Services.
* General level ability to configure and maintain software based Firewalls, (e.g. IPTables).
* General familiarity regarding the use of Local Area Networks (LAN), Metropolitan Area Networks (MAN), and Wide Area Networks (WAN) connectivity.
* General familiarity with the use of Frame Relay, ATM, and MPLS WAN architectures.
* Proficient level ability using general office tools including but not limited to Microsoft Windows based workstations, Microsoft suite of applications, and general Web based software tools.
* General level of understanding regarding use, configuration, support and maintenance of IBM branded server hardware.
* General level of understanding regarding use, configuration, support and maintenance of IBM AIX operation systems.
* General level understanding regarding use, configuration, support and maintenance of Linux based operating systems (CentOS, RedHat, SUSE).
* General level of understanding regarding common server architectures, the installation, configuration, and management of server hardware and storage subsystems.
* General level of understanding regarding common Storage Subsystems connectivity (Fiber Channel, iSCSI, SATA, SAS, SCSI, NFS, HBA), Storage Subsystem disk configuration (RAID levels 0,1,5,6,1+0), and Storage Subsystem provisioning to clients.
* Proficient level understanding of Security issues in a networking environment, including intrusion detection, monitoring, reporting, and mitigation.
* Proficient level understanding of network and system monitoring tools (Nagios, OpenNMS).
* Demonstrates strong commitment to SGS HSE Policies, Procedures, and Work Instructions by participating in safety meetings, completing required training, intervening in unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and complying fully with all applicable laws and regulations related to HSE.
* Responds appropriately to emergency situations and assists other staff members in maintaining readiness to respond to emergencies within the workplace.
* In accordance with the SGS HSE Management System requirements, disposes of, or directs the disposal of, waste generated as a part of daily work performed in a safe manner and in compliance with all waste transportation and disposal regulations and requirements.
* Reports all incidents (actual incidents and near misses) in accordance with the SGS Incident Reporting requirements.
* Uses all equipment (including safety equipment) in the manner intended and reports any damaged / lost equipment to supervisor.
* Maintain a safe and tidy worksite.
* Maintains awareness of hazards and proposes controls to supervisor, HSE Representatives or relevant client / site contact.
* Actively participates in incident investigations and risk assessments as deemed necessary by SGS management.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment
application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are