System Administrator - (Windows Server; VMware)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
NTT Data Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company s growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a System Administrator to join our team in Albany, New York.
POSITION FUNCTIONS OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Consultant will be responsible for assisting in implementation and configuration of VMware, Windows Server, client, and storage environments for the CAPAS FIDAS project, including:
* Assist in establishing and configuring the server, client, and storage environments required for the new CAPAS FIDAS system at NYSBOE s two data centers and primary business office
* Assist in the migration of NYSBOE server resources from legacy physical servers to virtual servers
* Assist in the planned upgrade of NYSBOE s VMware platform from version 5.5 to version 6
* Test and participate in resolution of any issues affecting the CAPAS FIDAS servers, clients, or storage
* Assist in defining and implementing required security-related measures within the new environment, and participate in resolution of any issues as needed
* 5 years of experience with Windows Server Administration and troubleshooting
* 5 years of experience with Windows client administration and troubleshooting
* 5 years of experience with HP Server and Storage (HP server blades, 3PAR SAN, StoreOnce appliances)
* 5 years of experience managing a VMware virtual infrastructure using VSphere (Including troubleshooting, P2V migrations, and VMware host upgrades)
* 5 years of experience with creating technical documentation
* 2 years of experience installing, configuring and using Backup Exec for disk to disk backup in a SAN / VMware environment
* 2 years of experience with installing, configuring, and using Symantec Endpoint Protection and Data Center products
* 3 years of experience with configuring, testing, and using VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM) for disaster recovery operations
* Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science, or a related field, from an accredited institution.
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DAT
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.