System Analyst II - Application Administration / Support (Contract)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY THE COMPANY
Alkermes plc is a fully integrated, global biopharmaceutical company that applies its scientific expertise and proprietary technologies to develop innovative medicines that improve patient outcomes. The company has a diversified portfolio of more than 20 commercial drug products and a substantial clinical pipeline of product candidates that address central nervous system (CNS) disorders such as addiction, schizophrenia and depression. Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, Alkermes plc has an R&D center and US headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts and manufacturing facilities in Athlone, Ireland & Wilmington, Ohio. For more information, please visit Alkermes website at www.alkermes.com .
Alkermes is seeking a seasoned Senior Application Support - System Analyst II with a complimentary learning management or government pricing background for this role who is familiar with how to navigate and administer enterprise level systems . The Senior Application Support - System Analyst II will be a key member of the Commercial IT team that will serve as the primary application support analyst for the commercial team.
ESSENTIAL AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Act as the primary system analyst for commercial team applications (ComplianceWire, Revitas, Axtria, etc).
* Primary resource responsible for ComplianceWire LMS, Revitas (Modules Here), ,Axtria as well as other enterprise level items.
* Develop adhoc reports using the tools available within the applications.
* Responsible for developing, deploying, and managing SCORM content.
* Provides support on pertinent systems while coordinating between users, IT personnel, and vendors.
* Responsible for creating and maintaining application documentation.
* Responsive to support requests from the end users and managing the issue through resolution.
* Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
* Translate complex business requirements into technical solutions.
* Perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for changes to the system and other post-implementation support.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
* Experience supporting end users within pharmaceutical/biotech industry (or equivalent).
* At least 3 years experience supporting enterprise applications.
Technical Knowledge/Skills Needed:
* Understands how to manage and configure complex curriculum within the ComplianceWire tool.
* Understands the full reporting capabilities of the ComplianceWire system and is able to create adhoc reports.
* Understands SCORM and how the content is stored within ComplianceWire and can proactively recommend configuration changes in order to meet business needs and streamline processes.
* Strong attention to detail with the ability to create appropriate curriculum for different commercial groups.
* Ability to learn new applications in-depth as additional needs arise.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to gather requirements, create documentation, create functional specifications, and business workflows.
* Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley compliance and HIPPA compliance is a plus.
* Hands-on experience troubleshooting application support issues.
Personal Attributes Needed:
* Ability to multitask - effectively manage simultaneous work requests across commercial, IT, and other organizations.
* Strong work ethic, with a proven track record in successfully achieving goals.
* Ability to initiate, persuade, and influence others on the best solutions to action.
* Self-starter with the ability to work on projects with minimum supervision while adding value to cross-functional teams.
* Ability to manage under a straight and dotted line scenarios.
Alkermes, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.